We are looking for an innovative and people-centered individual or couple to bring the light of the gospel to unlit places in south central Iowa. In a fast-moving society where those outside the mainstream are often overlooked, we need witnesses to the gospel who take the time to assess an area, find out where the greatest needs are, and develop creative strategies to meet those needs. This is a unique area missionary position with InFaith as you will have the opportunity to take over the field from a missionary who has served with the mission for the last 50 years! You will, however, be given the freedom to apply your unique gifts and skills to support and extend the work of local churches and individuals, as well as create new ministries in the area. The existing ministry is oriented towards children and youth and there are multiple opportunities for prison ministry in prisons and jails in the area. This position requires raising full support, though InFaith’s historic presence in the area will likely help a candidate find eager supporters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assess, strategize and implement appropriate ministry activities
- Plan and lead Bible study groups
- Partner with churches and ministries in the area
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers
- Be involved in the existing camp ministries with other InFaith missionaries
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- A love and desire to work with different ministry opportunities
- Ability to recognize and strategize for new ministry opportunities as they are presented
- Works well with people
- Ability to recruit, train and lead volunteers
- Have vehicle in good repair for necessary travel around the field
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, rural Midwest culture
- Ability to raise support
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Check out the original job description with more info on our website.
- Begin the application at www.infaith.org/iq
- Not exactly what you were looking for? Want to do the same thing, but in a different state? You could always create your own ministry!
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With over 160 field staff serving in 33 states, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.