Vice President of Global Initiatives
Lead a team of people that works closely with JAARS global partners in Bible translation and language development) to develop and implement logistical mission support solutions from JAARS’ core platforms of transportation, technology, and training.
With your team you will evaluate strategic opportunities and needs with global partners and develop plans in collaboration with other JAARS leaders. Then you will support the resourcing and staffing, and ensure that the ministry impact is met through effective execution of the plans.
As this is a new role, the initial leader will be responsible to design and build the capability necessary for JAARS' growing global impact.
- This is a full-time volunteer (non-paid) position that reports to the JAARS President
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or hold green card status
- Build a strong team of regional initiative directors and support staff that work collaboratively with global partners and other JAARS departments
- Form strong, effective, and balanced relationships with global partners serving in Bible translation and/or language development
- Evaluate strategic needs and opportunities, primarily with a geographic/regional focus including multiple partners and multiple JAARS solutions
- Develop processes to assess global partner readiness and determine how JAARS can equip and strengthen our partners as we develop logistical solutions together
- Develop plans for JAARS' support of partner ministries/organizations with key impact measures agreed in advance
- Regularly assess global and regional contexts for JAARS' initiatives, monitor progress, refine and potentially modify the initiative goals if the context changes
- Ensure reliable and sustainable operation of the JAARS-enabled solutions, and validate the impact using assessment tools
- Collaborate closely with other JAARS teams to share information, ensure resources and finances are in place when needed
- Actively serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
Characteristics, Experience, and Education:
- Heartily support the vision, mission, and values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively across all facets of the organization
- Have a servant leader mindset, balancing expertise with humility
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong partnering and collaborative outcome skills, both internally and with external partner organizations
- Solid organizational, analytical and management capabilities – able to lead demonstrable stewardship of all JAARS resources: people, time, money
- A strategic thinker, able to apply innovative ideas and stretch organizational thinking
- You must have a global perspective, able to work well multi-culturally
- Demonstrated expertise and relevant experience with non-profit, mission-based and/or volunteer driven environments
- Be goal/outcome oriented, with a bias for action and a drive for closure, balanced by sensitivity to people and culture
- A bachelor’s degree
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1.Seek God Above All
2.Serve in Love
3.Act with Integrity
4.Steward God’s Resources with Courage
6.Collaborate with Respect
7.Create a Culture of Innovation