Clairmont Presbyterian Church
Director of Children and Family Ministry
Clairmont Presbyterian Church’s mission is to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and make Him known to others. We are a multi-generational church family that is excited that God has planted us in the vibrant and diverse community of Decatur, Georgia. We are a family of Christ-followers who worship God, connect with the community around us, and continually look to grow together in our faith. For more information about our church and ministries, please see our website: www.clairmontpres.org.
Our mission field extends from our pews to the ends of the earth.
Our vision is that:
- Every member is a whole-hearted disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Every member is a missionary of God’s good news.
We are seeking a Director of Children and Family Ministry (DCFM) who is:
- Called to be an enthusiastic, mature and growing disciple of Jesus Christ who inspires others to follow the Lord as well
- Called to read, teach, and live the Scriptures as the Word of God for all the people
- Committed to helping Clairmont Presbyterian Church reach our community and our world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Committed to God’s mission field in the lives of children and their families
- Equipped by the Spirit with creativity and experience to grow this ministry of CPC and to bring new facets of ministry that we have not yet imagined
- Experienced in working with and organizing events with children and their families
Responsibilities of DCFM include:
- Cultivate relationships with children (birth-5th grade) and their families that grow them as followers of Jesus Christ
- Design a ministry which equips parents to be the primary nurturers of their family’s faith
- Recruit and train adults who engage in ministry with the children at CPC for weekly and seasonal events
- Design, plan, and implement lessons for children and their families
- Weekly events include Sunday School, Children’s Church, Children’s message, nursery oversite
- Seasonal Events include Vacation Bible School and holiday outreach events
- Work with Children’s Ministry Elder to organize meetings of ministry team to plan and share ministry
- Reach into our surrounding community to build relationships with students and schools to connect them with CPC
- Attend weekly CPC staff meetings and participate as part of the staff team
The Director of Children and Family Ministry works in partnership with the Children and Family Ministry Elder and reports to the Senior Pastor. This is a 20-25 hour per week position.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to childrensministrysearchclairmontpres.org.