Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church - Charlotte, NC is seeking an individual to lead a ministry geared toward the Young Adults in our church and our community. We loosely define Young Adults as ages 18-35 - working, college, single career, married, young families. The Director is charged with connecting with the target demograpic on a spiritual, personal and social level and coaching them toward Christian maturity. Specific responsibilities and duties include:
1. Identify, develop and implement solutions to strategic needs for Young Adult Ministry
2. Provide guidance and support based on biblical principles to Young Adults by making the scriptures come allive for them.
3. Provide leadership for Social Witness by development, inplementation and leadership of Small Groups, Retreats, Classes, Studies, Mission work opportunities, Community Outreach opportunities.
4. Prepare and teach weekly studies - Sunday School or Small Group Settings.
5. Serve as a resource to the CE Team in development and implementation of Christian Education programs for the Youth of the Church.
6. Provide Church wide and community wide visibility and communication of Young Adult activities, programs and opportunities.
7. Develop and lead social and outreach activities in order to build personal realtionships among and within the Young Adult group.
8. Serve as a leader and speaker at the Awaken Service, the more contemporary worship service offered by the Church.
9. Serve as a personal "face" of the Church both within the Church with the full congregation as well as with the Community at large.
Qualifications and Experience include:
1. Demonstration of a mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ with a strong knowledge of the Scriptures and the ability to plan and teach lessons bringing the Scriptures to modern life situations. .
2. Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong relationship building mindset.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills together with high social networking skills.
4. Creative Thinker - ability to idealize, develop and implement new and un-tried programs.
5. Experience in working with and realating to unchurched young adults and activities.
6. Bachelor Degree required- emplasis on ministry or social work is preferred but not required. Optimally, be within the age range of the target group.
Dave Thompson - PHPC Personnel Elder