Christian Community Presbyterian Church (CCPC) is a Christian congregation that seeks to worship God, grow in faith and community, and place our gifts in the service of Jesus Christ.
Our caring faith community is seeking an Accompanist/Choir Director who is an innovative, energetic, relational individual to develop, implement, and grow our music program. The ideal person will have a passion for enhancing worship through music, and bring fresh ideas on leading others into meaningful worship experiences. The person will also have experience facilitating congregational singing by incorporating classic hymnody and Praise and Worship music. The Accompanist/Choir Director will work under the direction of the Pastor and in cooperation with the Worship Council of the Session and collaboratively with the Contemporary Service Worship leader.
CCPC currently provides two services. First service is the Contemporary Worship Service. Second service is the Blended Worship Service. The Accompanist/Choir Director is primarily responsible for the music elements for the second service and will work with the Contemporary Worship Leader to support the first service as needed.
1. Direct the CCPC Celebration choir.
2. Direct choir rehearsals weekly. Plan and direct any special rehearsals that may be required. Determine what music will be performed at least a month out to ensure the choir is prepared.
3. Rehearse the bell choir weekly and prepare them to play one service a month.
4. Oversee the development of a Children’s choir and lead them in performing several times per year.
5. Provide appropriate special music for the Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter.
6. Plan special music for worship services during the summer months (we have one service during June, July, and August).
7. Select and purchase new music within the musical boundaries and abilities of the choir for – Anthems, Preludes, Offertory, and Postludes.
8. Collaborate with the Children’s and Youth Programs and the Contemporary Service Worship leader to provide musical leadership and accompaniment for Children’s Sunday, Youth Sunday, Vacation Bible School, and the Christmas program.
9. Exhibit a spirit of cooperation with all CCPC staff to ensure the success of the overall ministry of CCPC to the congregation and the community.
10. Demonstrate dedication to the vision and goals of the CCPC ministry set forth by the Pastor and the Session of CCPC.
- Openly support the theology, doctrines and practices of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- A vibrant, spiritually minded worship leader with a broad knowledge of traditional and contemporary Christian music
- Emotional and relational maturity; servant-leader mindset, passion for outreach
- Self-starter who is outgoing, energetic, empathetic, and compassionate
- Ability to work comfortably in a multicultural and multigenerational environment
- Experience in arranging, selecting, leading, and directing music appropriate for church services
- Be able to chart/arrange music for additional instruments that may be used to enhance an anthem and especially special music that would benefit having additional accompaniment
- Experience coordinating volunteer efforts
- Ability to play the organ is highly desired
- Experience directing Bell Choir is desired
Annual Salary Range: $25,000 to $30,000 per annum (52 weeks/15hours per week)
Based on duties and experience
Leave: Vacation Time: Two weeks’ vacation plus two weeks for professional
Must pass criminal and CPS background check.
Please provide an audio or video link to an example of your live musical talent.
For additional information and full posting information:
Posting open until position is filled.