The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead and grow the music worship ministry at MEFC’s 9:00 am contemporary service.
This person is directly accountable to the Minister of Music and ultimately to the Senior Pastor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Continue to grow and mature as a godly person of integrity. Pursue being a Christ follower so that he/she can model and mentor what that is to those around him/her.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion in the area of the 9:00 service worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of MEFC.
3. Coordinate with the Minister of Music to create and lead a well-planned and engaging music set for the contemporary 9:00 Sunday worship service. This includes leading the 9:00 Sunday Worship service music and overseeing the worship team (vocalists and instrumentalists). Responsibilities include preparation for and leading worship team rehearsal, as well as consulting with the Minister of Music to coordinate the music for the 9:00 Sunday service.
4. Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar.
5. Recruit and train worship team volunteers
6. Communicate to the Minister of Music any funding/instruments needed to support the 9:00 contemporary worship team ministry.
7. Either currently is a member of, or willing and qualified to join the membership of MEFC upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith.
8. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 6 to 8 hours per week.
Hourly Rate - $15
Suggested division of hours:
1.5 - Worship service / warm-up / set up / clean up
1.5 – Worship team rehearsal
2 – Music selection / admin
1 – Private music practice
1 – recruitment / communication
Contact Mark Hahn at mhahnmefc.org with your interest.