The purpose of the Youth Ministry at Grace Christian Fellowship is about providing leadership, discipleship, and direction for the Teens of Cortland NY. The primary focus should be on integrating teens from the Homer and Cortland area into the Youth Ministry at Grace Christian Fellowship. The Youth Pastor will also be responsible for building an effective adult leadership team, producing excellent Youth Group experiences, and leading strong on the weekend.
1. Provide an organized weekly meeting for JR/SR High teens that incorporate Bible Study and Small groups through the Fall, Winter, and early Spring.
- Look for ways to develop teen leaders
- Find creative ways for outreach
- Recruit and Equip volunteers to work with teens
- Lead and provide service opportunities with teens
2. Think through, develop, and implement Sunday morning groups for JR/SR High students. This program should run similar to the school year: Sept - May.
- Recruit Leaders/Teachers to work with Teens on Sunday morning
- Assist in Sunday morning Worship as needed outside of teen classes
- Train/Equip leaders for this task
- Create an easy entry point and exit point for teachers/leaders
3. Connect relationally with the youth, youth leaders, and parents.
4. Follow up with new attenders of Youth Group and Sunday Morning activities.
5. Focus primarily on Homer and Cortland High schools to develop outreach opportunities to the teens utilizing volunteers and teachers who are connected to GCF.
6. Organize Fall event(s) for students; Organize winter/spring event(s) for students.
7. Set an example of godly character and lifestyle.
- Ability to develop adults and students to assume leadership roles
- Ability to relate to others, including adult leaders and the youth
- Capable of understanding and excelling the current youth ministry model
- Clearly explain complicated processes and regulations
- Provide objective solutions to complaints/inquiries
- Take initiative and jump headfirst into a fast-paced, evolving ministry environment
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience with programming of experiences and events for teens
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of office equipment and software use
- Solid understanding of the Bible
- Basic understanding of youth ministry
- Competent in regards to technology and social media
- Administrative skills
- Teaching Ability
- Strong Communication
- Strong People skills
- Strong work ethic with ability to cast/work towards a vision for Youth Ministry
- Coaching Skills
Would prefer a Bachelors level degree or higher
This position receives general direction while working from established policies and objectives. This position plans and carries out assignments and will resolve most conflicts that arise. Completed work is generally monitored only to determine the effectiveness in meeting position/team objectives. This role works in a fast-paced environment with multiple daily interruptions. It is essential for this role to balance daily responsibilities, while maintaining a high level of concentration.