Hillside Community Church (Hillside) is a growing, dynamic, externally-focused community church with historic ties to the American Baptist Church and current ties to a voluntary association of like-minded churches through Transformation Ministries. Hillside has a strong vision and track record for reaching the unchurched and impacting the community for Christ.
The church's track record speaks for itself. Founded with a vision to reach lost people and lead them to become fully devoted followers of Christ, the average attendance exceeds 2,500 and is made up of all generations and a multitude of children. The church has posted an annual positive growth rate the majority of its years, and with new state of the art facilities, is well positioned for continued growth in the coming years.
About the Position:
The Children’s Ministry Director/Pastor will lead the Hillside Kid’s Team and will develop and implement Children’s Ministry objectives and strategies. This position requires a passion for Jesus and His Church and a desire to see children grow into lifelong followers of Christ.
What We Are Searching For:
The successful candidate for this role will meet and achieve the following objectives:
- Children Ministry volunteers recruited/trained/connected/resourced; they are loving what they do.
- Children Ministry paid staff recruited/trained/resourced/empowered; they do their jobs with excellence.
- Kids and families are feeling loved and cared for.
- Large Group time is exciting/engaging/and helps kids learn Biblical truths.
- Small group time is engaging/interactive/ and helps kids learn how to apply Biblical truths to their daily lives.
- Families are equipped with tools that help them lead their children spiritually.
- Ministry is organized and well scheduled in advance.
- Environments/conversation/opportunities that allow children come to know Jesus personally are created.
- Opportunities/training for kids to be baptized are offered.
The successful candidate will likely have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in a related field.
- High relational aptitude.
- Ability to lead team to edit curriculum and implement it.
- Ability lead a team to communicate via social media.
- Disciplined (works efficiently).
- Collaborative, innovative and creative.
- Willing to lead and engage others in accountable relationships.
- Leadership and teaching abilities
- Effectively balance regular responsibilities with new opportunities/adjustments.
- Flexible, adaptable, and amiable.
- Above average understanding of current tools and software related to email, F1 database & social media.