Minister of Youth and Family Ministry
Posted by: Montview Presbyterian Church
Posted date: 2017-Oct-30
Location: Denver, CO
Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church (www.montview.org) of Denver, CO is seeking a full-time Minister of Youth and Family Ministry. Montview is a vibrant, urban congregation of 1500 in Denver with traditional worship, progressive theology and serves as a house of prayer for all people.
Montview’s youth program (6th – 12th grade) is a cherished part of the life of the church. We have longtime members who participated as youth and still feel strongly about the youth program. We have parents who choose Montview hoping for a rich, faith-filled community for their children. We have youth whose lives are enriched and transformed by participating in the youth programs at Montview. The youth program has strong traditions around annual summer work trips for middle and high school students and a lively music and theater program. Youth programming also includes fellowship throughout the year, service opportunities, Sunday school, confirmation, and participating in worship through Youth Sunday. In recent years, the program has experienced some changes and transitions. The ideal candidate would be able to embrace existing traditions that are strong and help strengthen new areas of youth programming at Montview.
Essential functions for this position include:
• Encouraging growing relationships between youth, families, and the larger congregation
• Providing oversight for fun, faithful Christian Education opportunities for youth
• Coordinating a robust, engaging Confirmation program
• Building and overseeing a team of adults caring for youth in the church
• Serving as staff liaison to the youth committee
Qualifications for this position are:
• Advanced theological training (MA, MDiv, etc.)
• Five+ years’ experience in youth ministry
• Excellent communicator through all media (oral, written, digital, etc.)
• Understanding and empathy for youth and their families.
• Organized, pro-active, self-starter
• Creative, collaborative, enthusiastic spirit
• Proven track record of building deep relationships with youth
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to searchministryarchitects.com.