Title: Facilities Director
Reports to: Executive Pastor of Operations
Supervises: Maintenance Staff and Vendor Contracts
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Facilities Director is responsible for care of Bethany Christian Assembly (BCA) facilities, both interior and exterior, in regards to maintenance, cleanliness, scheduled setup and usage, in-house repairs when appropriate, and building lockup and security when the building is not in use. The Facilities Director must be skilled in performing the tasks as described with the ability to manage maintenance and custodial technicians and/or volunteers and follow through to verify that the assigned work is effectively completed. The Facilities Director will complete all tasks accurately and on a timely basis, ensuring that work standards and assignments conform to approved maintenance standards. The Facilities Director exercises discretion, generosity and professionalism in all dealings with the public and office staff and works to support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values and goals of Bethany Christian Assembly. The Facilities Director is a ''player coach" directing the team, but also executing maintenance projects, cleaning, executing room set-up assignments, and performing other related tasks. This position expects both management and “hands-on” facility maintenance activity. This position is a full-time, 40-hour per week (1.0 FTE) position, is exempt from overtime, and is benefit eligible.
Manage and Facilitate the Cleaning of all BCA Ministry Facilities
- Hire and manage custodial staff, volunteers or a vendor sufficient to maintain a clean facility for all scheduled gatherings and events.
- Develop a regular cleaning routine to ensure that all parts of the facility (including kitchens and cafes) are clean and ready for use.
- Respond to situations that require cleaning in a timely manner appropriate to the situation.
Manage and Facilitate the Maintenance and Set-up of all BCA Facilities
- Hire and manage maintenance staff (within budget allocation) or volunteers sufficient to maintain all facilities in good repair and ready for all scheduled gatherings and events.
- Assist with the development and implement a preventative maintenance program for BCA facility systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, grease trap maintenance, HVAC, lighting and appliance maintenance, fire and security systems; carpets, walls and ceilings, exterior building/roofs, parking lot and landscape.)
- Establish and execute priorities and procedures with the Executive Pastor of Operations for all maintenance requests.
- Daily monitor the ServiceU scheduling program to ensure that rooms are sufficiently prepared for the next scheduled function. Participate in the ServiceU room reservation approval process, reviewing requests in a timely manner and implementing procedures for room use. Coordinate with individuals requesting room reservations to determine details regarding set-up, preparation, takedown, and clean up.
- Schedule and coordinate volunteer projects as needed (e.g., window washing, set-up, teardown and cleanup for special events and annual outdoor projects.) Recruit and activate the "Minuteman" ministry for quarterly facility projects.
- Chair the Facility Committee in quarterly meetings.
Budgeting and Financial Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations with the development of an annual budget for scheduled maintenance and unanticipated emergency repairs.
- Work with the Executive Pastor of Operations for approval of all purchase orders and expenditures on a regular basis.
- Maintain close communication with the Executive Pastor of Operations regarding expenses and budgets for supplies, tools and equipment.
Manage Equipment Warranties, Files and Maintain Inventory
- Maintain files on all equipment with such information as user guides, warranty information, service contracts and related manuals.
- Determine supplies needed to maintain required inventories.
- Manage inventory of all maintenance supplies, establish and maintain maintenance office procurement and storage requirements.
- Keep custodial work areas and inventory/stock rooms clean and organized.
Implement the Building Safety and Security Program
- Develop and implement a safety program at all BCA facilities in compliance with all governmental standards.
- Insure that custodial and building safety procedures are followed by custodial and volunteer staff.
- Have a working knowledge of State and Federal environmental policies for all cleaning and maintenance products and standard use practices.
- Maintain all Material Safety Data (MSD) information for all cleaning and maintenance products and instruct the custodial staff to use the correct products in a recommended and safe manner.
- Facilitate opening and closing the building.
- Respond to after-hours building security and fire alarm monitoring calls.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor of Operations.
This job description does not create an employee contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employee relationship.
5+ years of experience in facility maintenance and cleaning or related profession.
3-5 years of employee supervisory or management experience.
High school diploma required. Undergraduate degree or some undergraduate study sufficient to support management responsibilities preferred.
Demonstrated skills in light construction, dry wall finishing, painting and other related facility maintenance activities.
Excellent communication skills.
Strong organizational and administrative skills.
Proven ability to effectively delegate work and monitor progress to ensure a high quality result.
Ability to work independently, but with willingness to work as a member of a team.
Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Must be a Christian and commit to attend Bethany Christian Assembly.
- Must be supportive of the church's doctrinal statements, constitution and philosophy of ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work independently.
- Be professional in personal presentation and be service orientated.
- Skill in organizing, planning with an attention to detail.
- Reliable in job performance and willing to take initiative.
- Stress tolerance with the ability to handle interruptions and work under pressure.
- Ability to perform physical work related to required maintenance, custodial work and set-up with the ability to lift/carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Work is generally performed indoors throughout the church building and occasionally outdoors on the grounds of the church building.
- Weekend/evening work is necessary on a regular basis.
The job functions are usually performed while standing, and will involve some amount of time bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required. May be required to lift and carry more than 50 lbs. and push or pull 100 lbs. on a regular basis.
Recognize, understand and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Bethany Christian Assembly as outlined in the Bethany Christian Assembly Employee Handbook.