This job posting is organized using excerpts from our pastoral ministry description.
General Description and Qualifications:
The office of Pastor is a high calling. This man is also called an elder and bishop/overseer (1Timothy 3:1; Titus 1:5; 1 Peter 5:1-4). He must meet the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
The role of the pastor at Calvary Bible Church is scripturally based. The Scriptures clearly delineate the following functions so they will take first priority.
1. He should be a man devoted to the study of the Scriptures and the ministry of prayer (Acts 6:4; 1 Timothy 2:1-8; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 4:2; James 5:16).
2. Teach and equip believers by means of the sufficient Word of God (Eph. 4:11-12; 1 Tim. 4:13-14).
3. Do the work of an evangelist (2 Tim. 4:5).
4. Live an exemplary life in both his personal and family life (Col 3:23-24, 1 Timothy 4: 7-8, 12; 6:11; 2 Timothy 2:1-7, 22, 4:5)
5. Shepherd and protect the flock. Care for the needs of the church family.
Relationships and accountability:
1. He should have an obvious love for the Lord and is primarily responsible to Him as the Chief Shepherd (1 Corinthians 16:22; 1 Peter 5:4). He should view himself as constantly living before the presence of God.
2. To the congregation: He serves in a loving, servant leadership role. He is to lovingly lead with authority of the Scriptures (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13; 1 Peter 5:1-4). Believing that all members of the body are accountable to one another he shall be accountable to his brothers and sisters in Christ for his life (1 Timothy 5:19-20).
3. To the Elders and Deacons: He serves as a “first among equals”, an Elder along with the elected church Elders and Deacons overseeing the ministry.
4. To other organizational personnel: He shall serve in a role to assist other pastoral staff. He shall serve in a supervisory role for daily activities of any administrative staff. Other church personnel shall be accountable to the Elder/Deacon liaison to that area of ministry.
5. To committees: According to the constitution he is ex officio member of all committees and should share those responsibilities with the church board(s) so that he can concentrate on his Scripturally primary responsibilities.
The Pastor/Teacher ministry priorities should contain the following:
• Study of the Scriptures
• Teaching of the Word
• Training a plurality of leadership for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry
• Overseeing the Pastoral care needs of the flock through shared responsibility and activity among the leadership
Please send a resume and personal statement of faith to the contact email or call for further information.