Director of Children's Ministry
Posted by: Mt. Bethel United Methodist Church
Posted date: 2017-Aug-10
Location: Marietta, GA
Mt. Bethel UMC (http://mtbethel.org) of Marietta, GA is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry. Mt. Bethel is one of the largest United Methodist Churches in the U.S. with an average worship attendance of 2500 in six services across two campuses each Sunday. Around 400 children, birth through 5th grade, are involved in the life of the church each week. Started in 1840, Mt. Bethel’s continued vision is “Compassion into action through the power and presence of Jesus Christ so that our Community and our World will be transformed.” Mt. Bethel’s mission is to be a Christ-centered culture which draws people toward an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, transforming them into disciples who are full of the Holy Spirit, resulting in the overflowing of God’s love through purity of heart, compassion to the needy, service to our world, sacrifice of ourselves, and the sharing of His message to all people.
Essential functions for this position include:
- Leading Staff
- Developing Volunteers
- Weekly and Annual Programming
Qualifications and competencies for this position are:
- Education - At least a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience- At least 7 years of progressively responsible ministry and leadership experience
- Faithfulness - Actively seeks to grow in personal relationship with God; serves others out of a sense of call. Demonstrates a desire for spiritual growth in their Christian faith, and a commitment to active participation in weekly worship.
- Leadership - Leader, coach/trainer, big-picture planner, motivator- able to build and develop staff strategies in faith formation.
- Communication - Able to connect with many different audiences using written as well as oral skills as well as social media- includes staff, volunteers, and adults of all ages, differing stages of life and spiritual maturity. Able to give and receive feedback.
- Relational- Able to connect authentically with others and build relationships of mutual trust and support. Comfortable in front of groups, as well as one-on-one.
- Vibrancy - Able to build and support an environment of energy, joy, and enthusiasm.
- Skills– Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, and willingness to be trained and extensively interact with database systems utilized by the church.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to searchministryarchitects.com.