Clairmont Presbyterian Church
Director of Student Ministry Job Description
Clairmont Presbyterian Church’s mission is to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and make Him known to others. We are a multi-generational church family that is excited that God has planted us in the vibrant and diverse community of Decatur, Georgia. We are a family of Christ-followers who worship God, serve and love the community around us, and continually look to grow together in our faith. For more information about our church and ministries, please see our website: www.clairmontpres.org.
Our mission field extends from our pews to the ends of the earth.
- Our vision is that:
- Every member is a whole-hearted disciple of Jesus Christ
- Every member is a missionary of God’s good news
We are seeking a Director of Student Ministry (DSM) who is:
- Called to be an enthusiastic, mature and growing disciple of Jesus Christ who inspires others to follow the Lord as well
- Called to read, teach, and live the Scriptures as the Word of God for all the people
- Committed to helping Clairmont Presbyterian Church reach our community and our world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Committed to God’s mission field in the lives of students
- Equipped by the Spirit with creativity and experience to grow the youth ministry of CPC, and to bring new ministry that we have not yet imagined
The Primary Mission of the DSM is:
To lead Clairmont’s student ministry as a place where middle school, high school and college students know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and make Him known to others.
Responsibilities of DSM include:
- Cultivate relationships with students that grow them as followers of Jesus Christ
- Recruit and train adults who engage in ministry with the students
- Design a ministry calendar that cultivates opportunities for evangelism, Bible study, fellowship and service
- Work with Student Ministry Elder to organize meetings of student ministry support team
- Provide growth opportunities for parents of middle and high school students
- Reach into our surrounding community to build relationships with students and connect them to God and CPC
- Attend weekly CPC staff meetings and integrate students into the life of CPC
- Assist in leading Sunday worship on occasion
- Plant and nurture student ministry with students at local universities
The Director of Student Ministry works in partnership with the Student Ministry Elder and reports to the Senior Pastor. This is a full-time position which provides benefits for the successful candidate.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to studentministrysearchclairmontpres.org.