Title: West Worship & Media Pastor/Director
Department: West Campus
Reports To: West Campus Pastor
Pay Status: Hourly
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
All applicants must apply online at cccgo.com/employment
General Summary and Objective: This position is responsible for oversight and leading West Campus weekend worship to also include media and technical aspects. This includes managing worship and vocal teams and media teams including volunteers and ministering to the families of the West Side Community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- West Campus Worship Ministry Oversight: lead and manage a team of volunteers for the weekend worship service
- West Campus Media and Technical Oversight: lead and manage a team of volunteers for the media and technical aspects of the West Campus weekend worship rehearsals and services
- Vision for West Campus Worship: ensure the Crossroads Christian Church worship culture is executed at the West Campus
- Lead West Campus Weekend Service Pastor: contribute to the planning of the West Campus worship service, lead rehearsals and execution for the West Campus worship service. Lead recruiting and training of volunteers and staff. This function includes teaching the West Campus community how to worship God as active participants. This role will also require serving as the worship service host, speaking and instructing from the platform.
- Collaborative Relationship: serve with the Creative Arts Department and in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- West Campus Major Events: lead production and program development including media and technical crews for West Campus special services, events, retreats, and conferences
- Leadership Development: identify and develop leadership contribution from lay community
- Perform weddings and funeral/memorial services as requested and desired
- Serve on hospital and home visitation rotation
- Exercise pastoral skills and sensitivity in encounters with church members and friends
- Provide pastoral counseling and care primarily within the worship community
- Attend and support official events of the church
- Maintains significant relationships with Crossroads Christian Church staff and related agencies that are relevant to ongoing kingdom advancement and strategic planning
- Additional duties as assigned
Requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities, education, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biblical ministries or equivalent preferred
- Proven experience in worship leadership
- Demonstrated ability to teach worship to staff, volunteers, and the congregation
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and administrate large groups of people
- Demonstrated proficiency in vocal, choral, and instrumental areas
- Demonstrated proficiency in the media and technical aspects of service production
- Exceptional model of personal integrity/I Timothy 3 style leadership
- Comfortable with identifying, contacting, vision casting and recruiting
- Energized by people
- Champion of vision, values, and culture of Crossroads Christian Church
- Alignment with the vision and mission of the restoration movement approach to kingdom work and church building
- Heart for evangelism and disciple making
- Software experience similar to Planning Center Online and music notation programming (Mac equipment and core software)
This job operates in an office environment along with attending events, rehearsals, etc. as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, bend, squat, kneel, lift and move equipment, instruments, etc. for stage set up and events.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time, 40+ hours a week position that will have evening and weekend expectations in order to lead and prepare volunteers and staff for weekend worship at the West Campus.
This position may require traveling for training and conferences. No additional travel is anticipated. Consideration is given for other non-Crossroads campus related ministry opportunities and can be negotiated with the supervisor.
December 20, 2016
The statements listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. This does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.