Location: Ferney-Voltaire, France
Reports to: Children's Ministry Coordinator
Duration of post: 8 months (possibility of extension)
entry level position; most suited for single, young adult
The Children’s Ministry Assistant, working as a member of the church staff, assists the Children’s Ministry Coordinator in the administration of children’s ministry and provides leadership for assigned children’s ministry programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Help with all aspects of the Sunday morning children’s program, including but not limited to storytelling, craft presentation, and large group leading.
• Assist as needed in church events that involve children and families, such as the Crossroads Together Weekend and special services such as Good Friday and Christmas Eve.
• Participate in staff times such as staff meetings, training, and prayer.
• Lead children in Bible study, prayer, and other activities related to their growth in Christ.
• Take leadership of Creche (nursery for 0-3 year-olds) and possibly 3-4s class.
• Assist with the Sunday morning volunteer rota through regular contact with volunteers.
• Assist in creative communication to parents and volunteers in order to help them enjoy and grow in their ability to serve God through children’s ministry.
• Love of God and children, evidenced by a strong commitment to maintain and deepen both.
• Ability to work well with both children and adults, and be able to communicate with and coordinate diverse groups of volunteers.
• Flexible in an environment of varying tasks and events.
• Speak and write English fluently. Working knowledge of spoken French, an asset.
• Committed to the vision and direction of the church and that of children’s ministry.
• Familiarity with computer programs such as Excel, Word, etc.
• Self-motivated, energetic, taking full responsibility on assigned tasks, and possesses conflict resolution skills.
• Aptitude for behind-the-scenes administrative support such as photocopying and craft preparation.
• Bachelor’s Degree, especially in theology or related field, an asset.
For more information or to apply, please email crossroadsconniegmail.com.
For more information about Crossroads Church, go to: http://crossroadschurch.fr.
This is a non-salaried post but a living allowance of € 1200/month (+ housing and basic health coverage) is provided. We will also provide one-time relocation assistance in form of a flight or train ticket from the successful candidate’s place of residence.