Concord Church Position Description
Job Title: Associate Pastor/Director, Grow Groups
Reports to: Director, Connections
The Small-Groups Pastor is responsible for ensuring that the Concord congregation is connecting with one another and building community through a strong, healthy, and growing small-group ministry. This includes developing and executing an annual small-groups growth plan, identifying and recruiting group leaders, developing small-group curriculum, and ongoing leadership and coaching of group leaders and coaches.
The Associate Pastor, Grow Groups exhibits the seven Core Values of Concord Church:
- Dedication to Personal Growth – Is intentional about personal development as a man/woman, believer, and a staff member. Ephesians 5:15-21
- Dedication to H.I.T. (Honesty, Integrity and Truthfulness) – Able to confront self and others by being truthful with a spirit of love. Ephesians 4:14-32
- Effective Communication – Communicates using the THINK methodology (is True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary and Kind). Psalm 15
- Servant’s Heart – Will possess compassion for others and a kind spirit. Philippians 2:3-16
- Team Spirit – Supports the team by having a strong work ethic, being responsive to deadlines, exhibiting professionalism at all times, actively works to resolve any conflicts that arise, and is flexible whenever necessary. Galatians 6:1-7
- Loyalty – Committed to God’s will, the Senior Pastor’s vision, the church’s mission and vision, follows leadership, and supports the entire team. 1 Peter 2:13-25
- Work hard, Play hard – Carries out job responsibilities with passion and completes the necessary tasks to accomplish the church’s mission and vision. Proverbs 17:22
- Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of small-group involvement by the congregation.
- Implement methods of recruiting team leaders and small-group participants and develop processes that ensure a healthy small-groups growth rate over time.
- Function as the overall leader of all Concord small groups, coaching and equipping small-group leaders in the successful completion of their day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
- Foster a strong, active, growth- and recruiting-focused network of small-group leaders, group members, and individuals interested in becoming part of the church’s small-groups ministry.
- Plan and execute regular small-group leader training and appreciation events, ensuring the existence of a healthy body of small-group leaders upon which to grow a strong small-groups ministry.
- Create promotional materials and communication methods that ensure everyone at the church is aware of the small-groups ministry area, its purpose and importance, and how to get connected.
- Identify, develop, and/or select small-group curriculum and other small-group study materials and tools.
- Drive and coordinate periodic book series/corporate small-group campaigns in conjunction with the church’s weekend services.
- Attends Sunday worship services, weekly staff meetings, and other church events as requested.
- Attends and successfully completes all training required by Concord Church.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is an individual contributor with no direct reports.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Christian Education, or related area from an accredited college or university. A Masters’ degree in biblical studies or divinity is preferred but not required.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience as an ordained minister/pastor in a setting committed to reaching the unchurched and developing leaders. A minimum of 3 years of experience equipping Christ-followers to grow in maturity in their faith and fostering growth in community through grow groups is required.
An employee in this position primarily works in a typical office or sanctuary environment, is generally sedentary, and uses computers, calculators, phones, and other office equipment to draft documents, communicate with church staff, and fulfill other position duties. An employee in this position is required to walk, hear, speak, and stand to conduct sermons and minister to the members (both at the main church and at remote locations). Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through both complex church business situations and profound personal crises that members may experience is required. A flexible schedule is required since this position requires evening and weekend work.
This position is required to conduct services, visit church members, perform community outreach, and attend meetings away from the primary church location. A valid Texas drivers’ license and acceptable motor vehicle record is required.
Concord Church Membership
This position is required to be a member of Concord Church. Employees in this position are expected to sincerely hold the same religious beliefs as expressed by Concord Church.