Concord Church Position Description
Job Title: Associate Pastor, Young Adults and Singles
Reports to: Senior Associate Pastor, Family Life
Exempt (Ministerial Exemption)
The Associate Pastor of Young Adults and Singles will implement a comprehensive program of Christian life development for the 18 – 35-year-old, college, career, and single adults in our Church and community. Encourage young adults and singles to develop healthy relationships with all members of the church family as they mature in their faith. It is essential that this person be able to connect with young adults on a social and spiritual level, with the intent of leading them towards Christ-like maturity.
The Associate Pastor of Young Adults and Singles exhibits the seven Core Values of Concord Church:
- Dedication to Personal Growth – Is intentional about personal development as a man/woman, believer, and a staff member. Ephesians 5:15-21
- Dedication to H.I.T. (Honesty, Integrity and Truthfulness) – Able to confront self and others by being truthful with a spirit of love. Ephesians 4:14-32
- Effective Communication – Communicates using the THINK methodology (is True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary and Kind). Psalm 15
- Servant’s Heart – Will possess compassion for others and a kind spirit. Philippians 2:3-16
- Team Spirit – Supports the team by having a strong work ethic, being responsive to deadlines, exhibiting professionalism at all times, actively works to resolve any conflicts that arise, and is flexible whenever necessary. Galatians 6:1-7
- Loyalty – Committed to God’s will, the Executive Pastor’s vision, the church’s mission and vision, follows leadership, and supports the entire team. 1 Peter 2:13-25
- Work hard, Play hard – Carries out job responsibilities with passion and completes the necessary tasks to accomplish the church’s mission and vision. Proverbs 17:22
- Work closely with the Young Adults and Singles to develop and encourage their spiritual growth in Christ.
- Provide guidance and support based on Biblical principles to Young Adults and Singles.
- Provide leadership for worship, growing serving, outreach, retreats and classes for Young Adults and Singles.
- Provide church-wide visibility and communication for Young Adults and Singles activities.
- Identify, develop and implement solutions to strategic needs for Young Adults and Singles Ministries.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluation progress regularly.
- Recruit, develop and disciple Young Adult and Single leaders and volunteers.
This position supervises an Administrative Assistant.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Christian Education, or Counseling from an accredited college or university. A Masters’ degree in biblical studies or divinity is preferred but not required.
This position demonstrates mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ, with 2-5 years’ experience in Young Adult and Singles ministry. Excellent interpersonal skills with strong relationship building mindset. Experienced in working and relating to unchurched youth and outreach activities. Demonstrated strong leadership skills. Biblical teaching and preaching ability. Moderate to advanced computer skills to facilitate ministry activities
An employee in this position primarily works in a typical office or sanctuary environment, is generally sedentary, and uses computers, calculators, phones, and other office equipment to draft documents, communicate with church staff, and fulfill other position duties. An employee in this position is required to walk, hear, speak, and stand to conduct sermons and minister to the members (both at the main church and at remote locations). Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through both complex church business situations and profound personal crises that members may experience is required. A flexible schedule is required since this position requires evening and weekend work.
This position is required to conduct services, visit church members, perform community outreach, and attend meetings away from the primary church location. A valid Texas drivers’ license and acceptable motor vehicle record is required.
Concord Church Membership
This position is required to be a member of Concord Church. Employees in this position are expected to sincerely hold the same religious beliefs as expressed by Concord Church.