President and CEO
Posted by: Bethel Bible Village
Posted date: 2018-Jun-06
Location: Hixson, TN
Bethel Bible Village is a faith-based residential home for children of families in crisis. Bethel is currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of President and CEO. The position of President and CEO is responsible for the overall strategic and operational management of Bethel Bible Village’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
- Spir itual: Be an active participating Christian in your local congregation.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred. Significant executive management experience within small to midsize organizations, preferably non-profit.
- Specific Skills/Requirements: Significant knowledge and experience in administration and leadership. Demonstrated expertise in sound business practices including experience in financial and budget management. Solid understanding of marketing concepts with proven experience in fundraising and relationship building and maintenance. Demonstrated financial development/advancement skills required. Excellent interpersonal and relational skills with the ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people. Exceptional communication skills both in public speaking and written communication.
- Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Knowledge and understanding of ministry, faith-based and mission driven leadership.
- Other Requirements: Applicant must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. and successfully pass a background check, TB test, drug screen, and physical.
- Exemplify a vibrant Christian faith personally and professionally.
- Commitment to Bethel’s Code of Conduct and Employee Covenant.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Trustees and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Provide leadership and participate in the ministry’s development efforts including expansion into new markets beyond the greater Chattanooga area.
- Ensure effective management of ministry programs and services.
- Exercise creativity and sound judgment in exploring new ways to be at the cutting edge of services to children and their families using best practices.
- Serve as the ministry’s spokesperson and representative to the community, donors, and government representatives.
- Establish and maintain sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups, organizations and other ministry partners.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices including budget management.
- Design and complete the strategic business planning process for the ministry.
- Lead, coach, and develop Bethel Bible Village’s senior management team.
- Implement, oversee and participate in programs to enrich the spiritual development of all Bethel staff.
- Participate in all Bethel fundraising and special events including attending school and other activities in which Bethel children are involved.
Please search on our website www.bethelbiblevillage.org to learn more about our ministry. If interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Bethel Bible Village, Attn: Teresa Steele
3001 Hamill Road, Hixson, TN 37343
Office: 423.842.5757, ext. 1248; Fax: 423.842.5785