Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Joni and Friends Vice President of Development, the Director of Development will plan, direct and coordinate development activities that sustain, identify, solicit and involve donors to contribute funding to Joni and Friends. Establish short and long range fundraising goals and enlist support from staff, volunteers and donors. Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
Duties: Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy by working with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets and approaches.
- Foster a ministry wide understanding of the “Culture of Development.”
- Work closely with Data Analytics Manager to analyze and identify trends in revenue and donor giving.
- Build and maintain a robust donor base by developing and maintaining key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Direct overall development and strategic planning process of Major Donor program.
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, specific fundraising needs, projects and programs to our donors, staff and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain appropriate donor tracking methods and confidential reports.
- Integrate with development and accounting staff related to the processing and maintenance of donor contributions and information.
- In consultation with the Vice President of Development, recruit, interview and select well-qualified fund development staff.
- Other projects and activities as needed to support the strategic plan for Joni and Friends and the Development Department.
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: “To accelerate Christian ministry in the disability community.”
MISSION: “To communicate the Gospel and equip Christ-churches worldwide to evangelize and disciple people affected by disabilities.”
- Honor God in everything we do.
- Build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
- Practice responsible stewardship
FOUR PILLARS OF MINISTRY:
- Lead Like Jesus*
- Excellence in area of expertise
- Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a “Best Christian Workplace” according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).