CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country's leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition. CORT is the world's leading provider of furniture rental, tradeshow and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the U.S. and in the UK. As an organization, CORT's greatest assets are
the more than 2,000 employees working nationwide.
Today, CORT has more than 100 showrooms, clearance centers and distribution facilities across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and a Global Network of partners servicing more than 70 countries around the world.
CORT is the nation's leading provider of transition services, helping millions of individuals and more than 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies with their event and relocation needs making a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
Plans and directs the profitable growth of the district operation. Manages all district operating functions including residential and commercial rental sales, retail sales, general administration, and warehouse and delivery operations. Develops strategic plans and strategies to align business to company initiatives while maximizing growth potential.
Must be able to relocate.
We are searching for an Assistant General Manager in our Salt Lake District. This people-oriented, self-motivated, aggressive yet flexible individual will be part of the leadership team focusing on operations in our multi-million dollar business as well as learning from and contributing to our sales team. We are seeking a partner committed to contributing to our management objectives for positive morale, teamwork, outstanding sales and service, efficiency, safety and productivity.
The ideal candidate should thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and be committed to the goals and objectives of the company while providing the leadership to instill that passion in their teams.
LEARN THE FURNITURE RENTAL BUSINESS FROM THE INDUSTRY LEADER As a member of the district's management team, you will partner with department managers in ensuring success in the following areas:
- Business and organizational planning, coordination and execution. This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower planning, budgeting, leadership techniques and business operations.
- Outstanding customer service and relationship building with clients.
- Warehousing and delivery operations in a manner designed to provide high-quality service with safety as a priority.
- Set up and maintain processes and procedures for controlling district inventories, best practices, training and budget.
Important attributes and competencies:
- High energy level and motivation
- Results driven
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Communication skills-interpersonal, relationship building, presentations, verbal/written and listening
- Persuasive and influential
- Customer focused
- Previous P&L responsibility
- Mathematical and analytical skills in order to manage and evaluate P&L performance
- Operations/Warehouse management experience
- Sales experience
- Multi-Departmental management responsibility
- Ability to relocate for future growth opportunities is highly desired
- Creative problem solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Outlook and Excel
- Valid driver's license
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Skills:
- 5+ years business experience
- 4 year college degree
- Willing to relocate
- Proven leadership ability with a proven record of performing independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct manner
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Skilled in the use of computers with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Office
- Ability to understand Financial and Operational systems, how they interrelate, and how to extract data from these systems to develop and implement strategies
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Pre-employment requirements include drug screen, criminal background and motor vehicle records check and non-compete agreement
- Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus
- Relocation expenses will be considered