Serving Our Neighbors (SON) Ministries
Job Title: Program Manager 2
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Programs Reports to: Executive Director
This position is primarily responsible for promoting SON Ministries’ mission and values by creating and leading teams – volunteer and paid seasonal staff – to plan and oversee programs that SON Ministries directs (primarily Full Family ESL program and Legal Clinic with support to Program Manager 1 in off season programs: Summer Lunch program, Coat Store, Good Tidings Christmas Store, Poverty Simulations) while building positive, empowering relationships with volunteers, staff, children and families we serve and community leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Take Lead on all aspects of Full Family ESL program
- Recruit, train, mobilize and lead volunteer leadership teams to help roll out the program; including vetting food donations for children’s snack
- Independently source, hire, train and manage seasonal staff.
- Cast vision repeatedly to all.
- Review and make recommendations each year to maximize the program strategy – serving as many children and families as our resources allow for.
- Independently source, hire, train and manage seasonal staff including College Interns when possible.
- Administrate Teen Internship program.
- Ensure high quality programming (adult English, business/entrepreneurial, recreation, invited guests, art, educational activities, Early Childhood Education)
- Advertise and market program to children/families.
- Oversee all aspects of registration.
- Develop great relationships with and network with program partners.
In conjunction with Program Manager 1, provide onsite support to other seasonal SON Ministries programs including Coat Store, Good Tidings Christmas Store, Poverty Simulations, Connecting Families to Resources and others as assigned.
- Recruit, train, mobilize and lead volunteer leadership teams to help roll out and administrate various programs.
- Cast vision repeatedly to all.
- Responsible for program operations including advertising materials, registration forms and events, data tracking, quality programming.
- Connect children and families in need, within the Hilliard School District to local resources.
- Manage relationships with partner organizations when onsite.
- 2-3 times per year organize program materials (requires ability to lift, climb, bend and reach).
Communicate and build respect driven relationships with children and families, volunteers, community leaders and co-workers.
- Promote SON Ministries’ mission during every personal interaction and maximize opportunities to fundraise, secure volunteers, develop partnerships and meet the needs of the families we serve.
- Produce communication pieces: flyers, training materials, parent handbooks etc.
- Act as a liaison in representing SON Ministries throughout community for facilitation of its programs.
- Assist with and attend fundraising events.
- Volunteer Management: recruit, train, nurture and thank volunteers for all programs working closely with Manager of Programs 1.
- Organizational Communications:
- General SON Ministries’ correspondence, inquiries and issues (phone calls, voice mail, email, etc.)
- Captures stories from programs (personally writing them, asking staff/volunteers to write them) for blogs, website or monthly newsletter.
- Ensure data integrity of children, parents and volunteers
- Utilize data tools to support the operations of all programs.
- Oversee the development of reports needed at the completion of each program or required by outside agencies/partners/funders.
- Summarize data, identify trends and patterns, make change recommendations.
- Secure, oversee and communicate with volunteers who support SON Ministries’ IT solutions.
Supervise Administrative Assistant for Programs
- Work with Program Manager 1 to delegate daily tasks.
- Have weekly program team meetings.
- Perform annual review.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports to the Executive Director interacts regularly with SON Ministries central and seasonal staff, Hilliard City School District personnel, Community Church leaders, volunteers and children and families we serve. This is a full- time position.
The position requires the ability to make swift safety and liability decisions where children are concerned, and the reputation of the company are concerned. The ability to think of costs and assets in such a way as to run the highest level of programming with the best possible stewardship of our assets is required. The ability to assess eligibility and evaluation of all data obtained for review and processing for the programs. This includes strict and accurate adherence to the rules and regulations of government related program requirements. The incumbent must have the ability to maintain confidentiality in all endeavors. Research location(s) near children in need and plan the number of staff (paid or volunteer) needed to run the program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The physical requirements and work environment described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
B.S. / B.A. or equivalent work experience. A high compassion for children and families in need is a must. Must have minimum of 3-5 years’ experience recruiting, training and mobilizing volunteers and managing volunteer teams. Experience interviewing, hiring and supervising staff. Must have 2-3 years’ program/project management and administrative experience and excellent skills in communication, marketing networking, knowledge of community resources. Background in education or a youth program. 2 years of experience in public speaking/training adults. This position requires an extreme ability to juggle and a high number of details and tasks with deadlines and follow through independently. Experience writing procedures and ability to follow precise procedures. Spanish or Arabic – a plus.
- Highest level of people and relationship skills.
- Ability to ‘connect’ people to other people and resources – memory to remember names and skill sets.
- Highly effective customer service, communications and leadership skills via Strength Finders.
- Extremely detail oriented with expert organizational and administrative skills with ties to Spiritual Gifts.
- High level computer/technology skills. Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Google Docs, Facebook.
- A heart to serve children and families in the low-income bracket and international families as well as community volunteers.
- Leadership skills, “can do” positive attitude, excellent communication and the ability to independently problem solve.
- Be self directed.
- Ability to multi-task.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT:
The position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 35 pounds. The employee on any given day stands and walks intermittently. The employee is frequently required to reach with both hands and arms, along with occasionally stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus in multiple sites in various conditions. The employee is frequently required to talk and listen. Casual with company logo attire is accepted at SON Ministries programs; business casual in the central office is appropriate and when meeting with community leaders, business attire is recommended. Local in town travel is required (as programs are offsite from central office). Summer months require daily local travel. At times ability to work from home.
Salary and vacation and sick days provided. Flexible schedule with approval. Access to benefits at full cost to employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Submit the following application materials to kturvySON-Ministries.org
- A current resume followed by 3 letters of recommendation.
- Statement of interest including past experiences showing how you have the skills needed for this position.
- Position requires satisfactory completion of a background check (18 years and older) and completion of a UALC employment application. (request application by emailing kturvySON-Ministries.org)