Concord Church Position Description
Job Title: Security Guard
Reports to: Security Manager
Part-Time: Nights and Weekends
The Security Guard patrols and monitors the church premises to prevent theft, violence, criminal acts, and violations of church rules.
The Security Guard exhibits the seven Core Values of Concord Church:
- Dedication to Personal Growth – Is intentional about personal development as a man/woman, believer, and a staff member. Ephesians 5:15-21
- Dedication to H.I.T. (Honesty, Integrity and Truthfulness) – Able to confront self and others by being truthful with a spirit of love. Ephesians 4:14-32
- Effective Communication – Communicates using the THINK methodology (is True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary and Kind). Psalm 15
- Servant’s Heart – Will possess compassion for others and a kind spirit. Philippians 2:3-16
- Team Spirit – Supports the team by having a strong work ethic, being responsive to deadlines, exhibiting professionalism at all times, actively works to resolve any conflicts that arise, and is flexible whenever necessary. Galatians 6:1-7
- Loyalty – Committed to God’s will, the Executive Pastor’s vision, the church’s mission and vision, follows leadership, and supports the entire team. 1 Peter 2:13-25
- Work hard, Play hard – Carries out job responsibilities with passion and completes the necessary tasks to accomplish the church’s mission and vision. Proverbs 17:22
- Patrols the church grounds and buildings to ensure that the premises are safe for members, staff, and visitors.
- Immediately contacts the proper authorities in the event of a criminal incident, accident, injury, or other emergency situation. Guides law enforcement and ambulances called to assist with incidents.
- Monitors points of entry for buildings; assists visitors, members, and vendors with directions, staff contacts, and access.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Attends and successfully completes all training required by Concord Church.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
A Texas Private Security Class C license is preferred but not required.
This position primarily works in a typical church environment, and uses a two-way radio to fulfill the position duties. The position is required to walk, hear, speak, and stand to interact with law enforcement, vendors, church staff, members, and volunteers. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures as this role primarily patrols the church grounds. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through complex church business situations is required.
Must have basic knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel and understand how to use the internet to manage their records of time worked. A flexible schedule is required since this position requires evening and weekend work. This position may be expected to work overtime.
This position is required to procure supplies and equipment away from the primary church location. A valid Texas drivers’ license and acceptable motor vehicle record is required.
Concord Church Membership
This position is required to be a member of Concord Church. Employees in this position are expected to sincerely hold the same religious beliefs as expressed by Concord Church.