Do you have a passion for getting people involved in missions? Are you good at helping people see where their skills can fit into positions? Can you learn quickly about the various jobs at JAARS?
Assist the Outreach Coordinator in processing inquirers, advertising positions, and maintaining the records of positions here at JAARS. You will help make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
- For full-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
To assist the Outreach Coordinator in finding qualified volunteers to serve at JAARS.
- Respond to inquirers, provide information, and forward prospects’ information to the appropriate personnel
- Input and monitor volunteer openings on various job sites
- Assist in handling phone inquirers
- Set up potential volunteer itineraries with department personnel
- Submit newspaper and online postings of volunteer openings
- Maintain statistics regarding inquirers, volunteers, and site visits
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, email, and calendar
- Willingness to learn how to post information on online job sites
- Good communication skills in a warm and friendly manner
- Organized and detail oriented
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God's Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation