Director of Human Resources
Do you have management and people skills? Have you ever designed and measured the effectiveness of a service or program? Are you experienced with HR issues and compliance requirements?
Are you good at evaluating skills and personal traits to help assign staff to appropriate positions? Become part of the People team that works with staff to help JAARS succeed in making Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Provide leadership to HR Operations on the JAARS Center.
- This is a full-time, volunteer or missionary that raises their support position
- Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- Des ign, implement, and measure the effectiveness of HR staffing services on the center
- Aid in monitoring the effectiveness of current HR processes and propose needed changes and additions
- Oversee the staffing needs and effectively communicate those internally and externally
- Update the screening processes for all staff (paid, seconded, and volunteer)
- Assign new staff or changes of assignment in consultation with appropriate personnel and department heads
- Assign access to HR databases
- Approve all employment offer and invitation letters
- Assist managers in successfully supervising their staff
- Ensure organizational and regulatory HR compliance
- Manage all HR department budgets
- Handle staff disciplinary matters in accordance with the Staff Handbook
- Serve on the Directors Leadership Team
- Additional responsibilities may be delegated by the VP of People
Experience and Education
- Demonstrated expertise and relevant experience in human resource management
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably related to HR Management
- Five plus years of HR Management experience
- Membership in SHRM preferred
- HR Certification preferred (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP or SPHR, PHR)
- Understand and respect multicultural management issues
- Practice a learning attitude and creative acceptance of differences while offering training and mentoring to others
- Field experience preferred
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1.Seek God Above All 5. Pursue Excellence
2.Serve in Love 6. Collaborate with Respect
3.Act with Integrity 7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage