*** Notice: To be considered for the following position, both spouses must submit a resume ***
Established in 1943, Boysville is a not for-profit 501c (3) organization with the mission of providing a safe family environment for children in need, so that they may become responsible adults.
Working for Boysville means adopting our mission as your own. If you’re looking for a job that you can be passionate about, want to improve the life of San Antonio children, and are a hardworking and optimistic individual, you’ve come to the right place! As a member of the Boysville family, your work will directly impact the children at Boysville, the San Antonio community and the non-profit community in San Antonio.
We are currently looking for Houseparents for our Residential Program. The right couple will identify with our core values of Advocacy, Family, Spiritual Development, Education, Mutual Respect, Dignity, Compassion, and Responsibility. This couple will be working with a residential cottage of 6-8 girls, ages 5-17. With our mission and these values in mind, the role will primarily provide:
- A Positive Role Model for all our children
- Care and Supervision for residents in the assigned cottage
- Responsibilities of a Parent to include the provision of Material, Physical, Spiritual, Emotional, and Disciplinary Needs
- Meal Preparation, Menu Documentation, and Grocery Pick Up
- Transportation for cottage residents to all appropriate facilities, to include medical/health & welfare appointments
- Administration & Documentation of Medications
- Facilitation of ongoing relationships with residents and their families
- Ability to follow schedules and participate in related planning
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience/education in a similar position
- Valid Driver’s License w/excellent driving record
- Ability to care for up to 12 children
- Must possess and exhibit behavior that demonstrates cultural diversity and sensitivity
- License in Childcare preferred
The work schedule will reflect meeting the needs of the essential job functions and will be overseen by the Residential Care Supervisor. Houseparents typically work 5 days on, and have 3 days off, on a revolving schedule.
We believe in investing in our children and providing all the resources necessary to help them achieve their goals and support them in becoming responsible adults. This includes:
- On-Site Counseling
- On-Site Educational Services and Tutoring
- On-Site Recreational Leadership, as well as recreation facilities to include full gym, baseball field, soccer field, half court basketball court, swimming pool, and playgrounds
- On-Site Commissary
- Company Vehicle for transportation of residents while on shift
We offer a competitive base salary of $42,000 - $50,000 per couple, dependent on experience.
In addition, Boysville provides the following benefits:
- 100% Free Lodging in our 3 bed/2 bath apartment, adjacent to assigned cottage
- 100% Paid utilities, basic cable and phone
- 100% Employer Paid Benefit Package for employee only coverage that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life
- 403(b) defined contribution plan with a dollar for dollar match up to 2% of your annual salary
Houseparents may have up to two school aged children (Ages 5+) or one child under 5 years old. Pets are allowed on a case by case basis, with documented well checks and immunizations.
If this sounds like the position for you, please apply with both spouse’s resumes for immediate consideration.
All applicants must be able to pass a background check per TX DFPS minimum standards(to include fingerprinting), a drug screen, and receive a TB test.