Are you a person who thrives on planning, coordinating, and carrying out events? Are you able to gather and bring together teams to accomplish tasks?
Do you have a desire to see every person have God’s Word in their heart language and want to inspire others to catch the vision and need for Bible translation?
As part of the Tour Office team, you will coordinate JAARS Day, Passport to Christmas, and large groups (schools, churches, clubs, etc.) visiting JAARS. It’s an exciting and detailed job as you inform and impact people lives through the events.
Coordinate the tour office special events to cast vision and encourage involvement at JAARS and ultimately Bible translation.
- This is a full-time, volunteer or career staff that raises their support position
- Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- Plan, prepare, gather staff, and carry out special events (JAARS Day, Passport to Christmas, schools, churches, and large groups.)
- Contact presenters regarding who will present and gather the information on the presentations.
- Plan the schedule and topic wording for the event.
- Prepare diagram/instructions of event layout areas and where signs should be located.
- Provide instructions to staff who set up and take down equipment after events.
- Coordinate event use of Aviation, Maritime, and Land Transportation services and facilities.
- Coordinate any on-site visitor transportation with Local Logistics and outside resources.
- Notify Facilities Management if outdoor areas to be used, to check for hazards.
- Order additional equipment (tents, tables, chairs, port-a-potties, etc.) from vendors.
- Prepare event information for staff and provide training if major changes have been made.
- Work with Creative Services on printing program guides, and related materials.
- Provide reports on attendance, and costs for budgetary purposes.
- This is a .5 FTE position, with potential additional hours before and during events.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Have a passion for Bible translation.
- Skilled in coordinating people, delegating, and follow through.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to send email, and use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good communication and relationship building skills.
- Willingness to learn.
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1 .Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation