HSK Housekeeping General Duties Staff
Do you like a day full of variety? Do you love working with your hands to accomplish tasks? Do you enjoy the satisfaction of having completed a job well?
There are 89 housing units on the JAARS Center and we need a person to join the team providing basic maintenance for these facilities.
You will play a part in how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Assist the Housing and Housekeeping staff to prepare and maintain the housing units to a level of excellence.
- For full-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Ge neral interior and exterior maintenance duties (i.e. light bulb replacement, air filter replacement, window washing, etc.)
- Move furniture
- Prepare units prior to maintenance work done by the Facilities Maintenance Department
- Housekeeping duties as needed
- This is a 32 hour per week position which includes mornings and afternoons
Education and Experience Desired
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Able to perform assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Office or willingness to learn
- Good written and verbal communication skills
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Toge th er in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation