Are you wanting to serve but feel called to stay in the US? Are you a pediatric/family practice physician? Do you want to be challenged in your faith?
We have a job opportunity for a Pediatrics Physician for a Louisiana hospital. We are partnering with a recruiting company to do a direct search for the CEO of a Christian healthcare system with clinics located in the 9th ward of New Orleans. We are looking for pediatric physicians (willing to consider family practice physicians) with personal faith to care for the underserved in the name of Christ. In 2016, they grew from 1.25 clinics to 4 clinics and are located in a medically undeserved area looking to add a 5th member to their senior provide team.
Candidate must match Mission + Skill
● Provider views every patient encounter as an opportunity to move the person closer to Jesus
● Mature Christian who sees their ministry through their vocation
● Willing to come and grow, do spiritual disciplines, be missional, more engaging, raise up disciples
● View partnerships with local churches and small groups as integral part of caring for patient
● Joins and enjoys prayer time. Willing to stop in the middle of the day to help
● Prefers someone acquainted with the community
● Displays cross cultural maturity in care for staff and patients
● Alcoholism - High percentage of population has indulged in binge drinking in last 30 days.
● Ability to strengthen and work well on like-minded senior team
● Capacity to care for large patient panel load
● Practice Evidence based medicine
● Current Louisiana State Medical License & DEA Certificate
● Board Certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and/or Pediatrics
- base/benefits + incentive
1. How many patient visits each session or day?
25-40 patient visits on average per day. This is a fast paced clinic.
2. What is your typical work week?
Currently start to see patients 9am, finish around 5pm, with one hour lunch break, 5
days/ week, but negotiable
3. What is the current staff?
Current staff: 7 Providers (1 - African American Nurse Practitioner; 2- PT (32
hours) Physicians including a Psychiatrist); 4 – FT Providers
4. What is the support staff at each clinic?
● First quarter 2018 looking to add 3 RN’s, migrating away from Medical Assistants (MA)
● Able to offer Christian Counseling services
● Psychiatrist – launching 3 behavioral health outreaches.