JHS Medical Doctor
Do you have a heart to minister to those who have devoted years helping to give people God’s Word in their heart language? Are you tired of the pressures of a busy practice or want to devote some of your time to support Bible translation?
The JAARS Health Clinic could use you! We serve those who serve on the JAARS campus, as well as providing medical support to those overseas. As a community service we also offer immunizations for church teams going overseas.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We would love to have you join our team!
Serve as a part time (.3 to 1.0 FTE) medical doctor at the JAARS Health Clinic near Waxhaw, NC.
- For part- or full-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Provi de medical services for JAARS and furloughing staff
- Perform patient medical exams
- Order or perform various tests, analyses, and X-rays
- Administer or prescribe treatments, drugs, inoculations and vaccinations
- Make recommendations for consultation with medical specialists based on evaluation of medical condition and history
Education and Experience
- Must have current MD, or DO medical license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- Must be board certified in area of specialty and maintain active certification
- Experience in primary care medicine or area of specialty as applicable
- Diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation