JHS Immunization Nurse
Are you known for giving a good shot to patients needing immunizations? Do you have a heart to minister to those who have devoted years helping to give people God’s Word in their heart language?
The JAARS Health Clinic could use you! We serve those who serve on the JAARS campus, as well as providing medical support to those overseas. As a community service we also offer immunizations for church teams going overseas.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We would love to have you join our team!
Serve as a knowledgeable deliverer of immunizations to patients needing typical USA and overseas immunizations, as well as patient education on malaria and staying healthy overseas.
- For part-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Provide immunizations and other nursing services
- Maintains immunization vaccines, tracks usage, and requests supplies
- Assists the medical provider in the care of patients
- Performs nursing practices according to level of training and professional requirements
- May perform duties of nursing as a primary responsibility
- This is a .2 to .4 FTE position
Requirements and Experience Desired
- Must have current RN or LPN medical license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- Experience in patient care
- Experience or knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Toget her in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation