KEES has been exclusively retained by The Salvation Army USA Central Territory in its search for two Regional Managers of Major Giving Programs at its Territorial Headquarters in the Chicago suburbs. The Central Territory is in the middle of a five-year aggressive plan to grow and invigorate its major gifts program, and these new roles have been created to provide leadership and consultation to a team Donor Relations Directors (DRDs aka: Major Gifts Officers) within the Central Territory.
The position requires an innovative and skilled manager with superb communication talents and an inherent ability to establish one’s presence and become a highly visible resource. The Regional Managers will participate with other senior leadership to develop major gift strategy, communication plans and donor prospects. The Regional Manager will train, support and coach a team of approximately 15 members, taking a proactive and goal-oriented approach with the right balance of professional supportiveness and healthy accountability. Responsibilities will include ensuring that each DRD has a qualified caseload, understand goals, methods and delivers results and information in a timely manner.
This position offers a robust benefits package, and relocation assistance may be offered. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority / Female / Disabled / Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please call 847-294-2166. The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Passion for The Salvation Army’s mission, coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand the Army’s history, mission and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced degree and/or CFRE credential preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role or comparable experience in a corporate environment with a proven track record of major gifts success and a strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
- 3 or more years of experience providing leadership to fundraising professionals.
- Highly effective interpersonal, conversational and presentational skills, demonstrating an emotional intelligence and situational awareness, in tandem with excellent writing abilities and strong case development and sales pitch skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relations with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers and wealthy donors, as well as internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Must embrace, support, and reflect well on The Salvation Army’s mission and values through one’s professional responsibilities and behavior at all times.
- Willingness and ability to travel. Valid driver’s license required. The role initially requires as much as 50% travel. As additional Regional Managers are hired, travel will reduce to approximately 35%.
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment without extensive administrative support and exceptional organizational abilities with fluency in managing multiple projects and competing priorities with professionalism and grace.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Additional experience Salesforce is preferred.
To apply, candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/op enings.
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. No applications will be accepted via email.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President/CEO and Sue Bultman, Senior Consultant of KEES. Questions may be addressed to sbultmankees2success.com
KEES is a retained search and consulting firm dedicated to building transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors.
The Salvation Army is an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. The Salvation Army USA Central Territory is one of four national territories and serves as the administrative head of 10 Divisions and 257 corps (program service sites) throughout the central United States.