Langham Partnership, a ministry initiated in 2002, works alongside national leaders to provide human and material resources to strengthen the preaching and teaching of the Word of God. Our goal is to see strong and mature churches making an impact on the surrounding culture and advancing the kingdom of God. We want to see the Bible changing the church, so that the church, under God, can change the world.
Langham Partnership is comprised of six national members (UK, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Canada), and works in partnership with, and at the invitation of local church leaders, in 131 countries.
This position will be located in the USA, ideally in the Phoenix, Arizona area - details of which will be discussed in the interview process.
This position will develop, lead, and implement a planned giving program that secures current and testamentary funding for Langham Partnership USA. The immediate priority for the next three years is to meet the Capital Campaign goals for estate gifts. Beyond the Capital Campaign, the job is to continue defining and implementing a successful legacy giving program for Langham.
The Legacy Giving Director will work relationally with Langham donors, always exhibiting warmth and respect. Management of relationship and program details will be essential. We are seeking a person with transferrable professional experience in the area of major gift work and/or planned giving, or financial planning within a marketing or sales environment. Training in tax and estate planning financial issues will be provided, if necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including but not limited to the following:
Develop, grow and lead the estate and planned gift program:
- Design, implement and lead an estate and gift planning comprehensive program strategy.
- Identify and nurture planned gift prospects
- Train and partner with major gift officers to secure planned gift commitments from their portfolio.
- Assist donors and their professional advisors with gift planning strategies that are tailored to the stewardship objectives of the donor
- Administer all existing planned gift arrangements (e.g. estate gifts, annuities, endowments, agreements, registration process, etc.)
- Organize and lead the Gift Acceptance Committee
- Update the Estate and Planned Gift Acceptance policies annually
- Create a plan to provide recognition, to honor and thank estate and planned gift donors
- Establish an estate and planned gift strategy to achieve capital campaign goals.
- Cultivate a personal portfolio of 50 planned gift prospects, initiating and building relationships, soliciting and closing gifts.
- Support the president in securing planned gift commitments from stakeholder donors.
- Prepare monthly reports on prospects and donors engagement, decisions and status.
Communicate the planned giving program:
- Create an annual plan for multiple touch points annually with legacy donors to reinforce to them the value of their gift.
- Develop proactive ways to integrate planned giving into the overall development and communications strategy.
- Plan and implement an annual marketing plan in collaboration with the Director of Communications, which promotes and integrates planned giving options in the comprehensive communication strategy through electronic and print communications.
- Create and manage the planned giving website in cooperation with the Communications Team and an external website vendor
- Provide training for staff on recognizing and following up on planned gift opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A love for Jesus Christ and desire to utilize one’s skills and abilities to serve the Kingdom, along with affirming the Langham Partnership’s statement of faith and values
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-10 years of transferrable professional experience required in the area of major gift work and/or planned giving.
- Experience soliciting and successfully closing planned gifts
- Proven competency in communicating gift planning options, and understanding related tax, financial and estate planning issues
- Broader transferrable experience could include financial planning within a sales/marketing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – including oral, written and presentation communication
- with the president, members of the Board, and members of the fundraising team
- with donors, prospects and their professional advisors - ability to prepare illustrations and present gift agreements for the full range of planned giving arrangements.
- Organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (30-40%)
Langham Partnership is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. We conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of Langham Partnership as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs so that all staff share the same religious commitment. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a)) Langham Partnership has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with Langham Partnership’s Statement of faith and values and mission and vision.
Please submit a Cover letter and current resume in PDF format to: teresa.craiglangham.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing Date for Applications: February 2, 2018
For further information and details for application, please download the LGD job position prospectus at: http://us.langham.org/lgd-applicant/