Posted by: Family Life Services Clinic and Pregnancy Center
Posted date: 2017-Dec-18
The person in this role is responsible for growing and nurturing our relationship with major donors, supporting congregations, managing fundraising events, and online giving to support an annual operating budget at or above $250,000. Contributing to a positive Christian environment and upholding the value of life in all circumstances is also required.
Responsibilities include :
● Follows the Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Handbook and all of the guiding principles of the Family Life Services ministry. Keeps informed on pro-life issues.
● Assists the Executive Director in the formulation of an annual fundraising plan, events calendar and schedule for donor communications. Identifies new fundraising opportunities and forecasts income.
● Sets appropriate goals in the areas of donor retention, acquiring new donors and advancing major gifts as well as strategic planning to meet said goals.
● Works with the Executive Director on preparing the annual budget and works within the constraints of that budget for events and mailings.
● Works with the Executive Director to produce effective multimedia marketing materials, newsletters, appeals, and center mailings as well as analyze their response.
● Plans, supervises and implements fundraising events including the Banquet, Walk For Life, Baby Bottle Boomerang and others.
● Effectively recruits, supervises and delegates tasks to volunteers for above events. Interacts with volunteers and staff in an upbeat and helpful way
● Develops and carries out major fundraising campaigns (i.e. capital campaign, matching gift drive) as needed.
● Seeks out fundraising and sponsorship opportunities by working with church liaisons, other pro-life groups and community organizations
● Professionally represents the organization through prepared presentations
● Researches grant opportunities and assists the Executive Director with grant writing strategy. Writes grant requests as assigned.
● Attending and participating in all staff meetings. Attending Board and committee meetings as requested.
● Cross-training and other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills/ Qualifications :
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant work experience
● Online fundraising experience over multiple platforms
● Exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once
● Able to contribute to a positive team work ethic and collaborate across department functions
● Customer service ethic, excellent people skills and advanced verbal communication
● Excellent written skills, including proofreading
● Schedule flexibility for speaking engagements/events during some weekends/evenings
● High expectations for quality
● Well-versed in donor-centric language
● Non-profit, small company or grant writing experience a plus
● Very limited travel required