(1) SEND RESUME & BRIEF COVER LETTER TO JOBSDOOROFHOPE.US
(2) In your brief Cover Letter, include (a) your understanding of Door of Hope's mission, and (b) how the requirements and goals of this position relate to your experience
Are you looking to make a life-changing difference in the lives of the marginalized members of our community? Since 1985, Door of Hope has been a place of hope and restoration for hundreds of families in need. Our mission is simple: to equip families to rebuild their lives and break the cycle of homelessness. If you desire to be a catalyst for change, we want to hear from you.
The Manager of Volunteer & Church Relations plays an integral role on the Development Team, overseeing Door of Hope’s church partnerships and entire volunteer program. The Manager of Volunteer & Church Relations reports to and works closely with the Executive Director, cultivating strong community relationships with the Door of Hope’s strategic fundraising plan in mind. The incumbent should be a relational, ministry-minded person with a heart for seeing lives changed—the lives our families experiencing homelessness, but also the lives of those who give of their time and resources to them.
• Coordinate all volunteer projects, serving as the primary contact and liaison between staff and volunteers
• Cultivating volunteers as donors, deepening relationships and creating more opportunities for engagement helping volunteers reach their full potential (including giving potential)
• Manage church partnerships, identifying and cultivating relationships with new churches
• General Development Team duties, providing assistance in fundraising efforts when as needed
• Perform any other task necessary to support the mission of Door of Hope
• Commitment to the mission of Door of Hope and a desire to live out Christian faith through service
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 2-3 years of non-profit development experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as ability to passionately and clearly communicate to audiences of all sizes
• Excellent people skills, creativity, and problem-solving skills
• Computer Skills: full fluency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce or donor databases is a plus, ability to learn is a must; experience with InDesign and/or Photoshop is a plus
• Other desired (optional) skills and experience: non-profit volunteer coordinating, event planning, social media and internet communication skills, design skills