Partner Relations Representative
Just as the apostle Paul communicated with early Christian supporters, JAARS needs people to help communicate with our financial partners. Are you a great communicator? On the phone, in writing, and in person?
Do you view raising funds as an opportunity for others to participate in God's work? And are you able to communicate your passion for the foundational mission of Bible translation? If you answered YES, let’s explore the position of Partner Relations Representative.
- For full-time or part-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
The people in this role build relationships with partners who invest in the mission of JAARS and—through JAARS—in Bible translation work around the world. You will communicate our appreciation to JAARS donors, help them understand the impact of their commitment, and offer them new opportunities to financially support JAARS and our global partners in mission.
- Build relationships with JAARS financial partners over the phone, in writing or through email, and through personal visits with donors in your assigned territory
- Understand and be able to communicate with ease JAARS’ history and mission, our current mission support strategies and initiatives, stories and statistics that demonstrate the impact of Bible translation and the work of JAARS to support it, and current funding needs across the breadth of JAARS solution platforms.
- Maintain individual biographical and other financial partner information in JAARS’ systems for recordkeeping and relationship building.
- Be comfortable, through preparation and training, to discuss and present funding needs with current, lapsed and prospective financial partners.
Requirements and Experience
- Demonstrable Christian faith and lifestyle
- Experience with and understanding of core mission-driven audiences – Christian individuals and organizations seeking to live out obedience to Christ’s work and calling on earth
- Bachelor's degree or related experience that is applicable to the areas of fundraising, development, or direct sales
- Strong communications skills: speaking, writing and presentation
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills … enjoy serving and working with people.
- Goal/outcome-orientation … a bias for action and a drive for closure
- Should be self-motivated, able to work independently and/or remotely, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and/or Open Office.
- Willingness to travel 15-25% of the time
- Experience working in or for faith-based or nonprofit organizations
- Previous multicultural experience.
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation