Posted by: Valor Christian Academy
Posted date: 2017-Apr-13
Location: Redondo Beach
Christian school (preschool – 8th) in Redondo Beach seeks to hire a Director of Admissions/Advancement. This is a highly visible position and employee will interact with faculty/staff, parents, students, and community stakeholders.
- Manage and execute all TK-8th grade admission functions, i.e., new student inquiries, campus tours, enrollment applications, student assessment, records, and reporting.
- Liaison between the school and high schools to assist 8th grade students with application requirements.
- Will be trained as certified PDSO through SEVIS, responsible for directing and managing the I20 International Student program.
- Work with Head of School to plan and organize open house events.
- Oversee faculty in planning/organization of graduation/promotion events
- Create/maintain appropriate admissions/marketing materials, use of social media, website, banners, publications
- Generate enrollment inquiries through internal/external marketing strategies
- Design and execute networking program with all stakeholders to advance the mission/vision of the school.
- Represent the school and/or speak at community events/conferences, i.e., Chamber of Commerce, City sponsored events, church events, feeder schools to advance the mission/vision of the school
- Develop partnerships with community organizations, churches, schools, and universities to advance mission/vision of school.
- Assist in the preparation and organization of standardized testing materials.
- Create strategies for the effective cultivation of current families to ensure student retention year over year
- Develop a “buddy system” for new students/families
- Maintain all student records/files (current and past)
- Develop and oversee an active Alumni Organization
- Bachelor ’s Degree
- Two plus years experience in school Admissions/Advancement role
- Demonstrated leadership, excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication, problem solving, organizational, public speaking and presentation skills
- Basic MS Office skills – Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, etc.
- Creative, motivated, and self-directed
- Strategic thinker able to analyze/interpret data, establish objectives and meet timelines
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, welcoming, kind, and professional
Email Resume to phornsbyvalorca.org or fax to 310-798-1575