Job Title: Development Coordinator
Area/Location: San Jose, California
Reports to: City Director, San Jose
Date Submitted Revision: 2.13.17
Job Description Approved: 2.14.17
Classification: Coordinator/Full Time Non-Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $20 hour/DOE
Do you have a servant’s heart and want to use your people and organizational skills to support Cityteam? We are looking for a Development Coordinator to help us take care of the details and do important behind-the-scenes work that is crucial for tracking and cultivating donor relationships. You will conduct research on donors to provide insights into their giving patterns and history, academic background, professional affiliations, and other areas of interests to help Development Officers and Program Staff make connections and cultivate relationships.
Our Development Coordinator will help with event planning and provide support for Program Staff and Development Officers. You will advocate for Cityteam and give tours sharing your passion for who we are and what we do. The Development Coordinator will also provide personal attention to current donors by developing relationships via phone, email, and hand-written notes. It is important that the Development Coordinator treats donor information with the upmost confidentiality. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and as a interdependent part of a team.
Assist in planning and executing fundraising events.
Foster and maintain positive working relationships with all staff, especially Development Officers, Program Staff, and Marketing.
Research donor information using internal and external resources to inform and guide interactions with donors.
Work with the City Director, Marketing Department, and other Development Officers to ensure appropriate information and materials are made available to donors.
Provide tours and help donors increase their involvement and giving.
Advocate for Cityteam with those in your circle of influence.
Be involved in a personal, hands-on ministry within Cityteam.
Submit reports of development activities as required.
Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and other teambuilding activities.
Assist team as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and sit for prolonged amounts of time
- Walk, bend, twist, & kneel
- Talk and hear
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds
- Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Required Education and Experience
- Computer literate and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Public speaking skills and the ability to create and deliver presentations
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Cityteam, DMM, and addiction recovery principles
- 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience in donor development
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekends
- Travel is primarily local during the business day
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
- Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
If you would like to be considered for this position, you can submit the online application found at www.cityteam.org/jobs
In addition, please send your resume to careerscityteam.org