Christian Preschool in Hendersonville, NC is seeking a new Preschool Director. This is an early childhood academic and faith-based program. Children are taught about God’s love and concern for our world through age-appropriate math, science, music, art, and dramatic play activities.
The Director is responsible to the Preschool Board and, ultimately, to the Session of the church and will meet monthly with the Board to give a Director’s Report and financial report (including Scholarship Fund information), present a monthly calendar, and to discuss any problems and share information.
· Provide a loving, Christian atmosphere for both staff and children, including encouragement, spiritual nurturing and appropriate discipline.
· Lead and assist staff with spiritual and educational curriculum.
· (May) fill in as a substitute teacher/aide if necessary.
· Maintain substitute list and arrange for substitutes as necessary.
· Hold regular staff meetings.
· Evaluate staff annually.
· Participate in interviewing and selecting teachers and assistants.
· Prepare and submit monthly and annual written reports and budgets to the Board.
· Collect monies, maintain financial records (including the Scholarship Fund) and provide monthly written reports to the Board.
· Schedule and properly place children, maintain a waiting list and keep attendance.
· Maintain and update all child and Preschool personnel records.
· Inventory supplies and equipment.
· Promote and publicize Preschool.
· Provide information about congregational family ministry activities to families of non-church members.
· Organize activities to include families of the preschool for fun and fellowship.
Outside the Classroom
· Attend classes or seminars to improve teaching skills and Bible knowledge.
· Graduated from a four-year college or university with a degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Elementary Education and three years’ experience, or
· Graduated from high school with a minimum of seven years’ experience working with young children and Early Childhood Certification.
· Should be organized and prompt.
· Will receive guidance from the Board and pastors
· Will provide an overall direction for the preschool.
· Should have good communication skills.
· Must demonstrate a special love for young children.
· Must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
· Must possess an up-to-date certification in basic first aid, including pediatric CPR and AED, and a negative tuberculin skin test.
· Must have typing and clerical skills.
Job Type: 25 hours/week, part time 12 months
*Please send resumes, cover letters and references via email only by March 31, 2018 to cbcpdirectorgmail.com.
*The office will not receive applications or telephone inquiries.