Please send a cover letter along with your resume and qualifications as well as a brief description of your relationship with the Lord and church affiliation. Your resume will not be considered if this information is not included.
Adelphia Classical Christian Academy is currently looking for teachers for the 2017-2018 school year starting in August. We are a hybrid school, offering a 3-day program (2 day for kindergarten) with structured instruction on our on-campus days and teaching plans and support for instruction at home the rest of the school week. This is a part-time job, teaching 12 hours a week maximum (Mondays and Thursdays only 8:15am - 3:pm).
We work together with parents to provide each student with a Christ-centered, quality education preparing students to make an impact for Christ in their communities and the world. The school is growing and we are in search of teachers who love the Lord and children. This teacher will be responsible for the school’s Kindergarten class. The class size is approximately 8 which allows the teacher to build relationships with the students and their families; it also allows for individualized attention. This teacher is responsible for the planning, preparation and teaching of the class as well as designing the classroom set up which should include some learning stations to reinforce the teacher led instruction. We teach a classical Christian curriculum and teachers are expected to integrate a Biblical worldview throughout their teaching. Be part of a teaching team that is making a difference in the lives of children for eternity.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position requires a positive attitude and a creative and energetic personality. Applicants should also possess a warm and collaborative personality as our teachers are expected to communicate with parents on a daily basis.
- Manages an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning and development, including maintaining records and grades, coming prepared, and handling stressful situations with grace, patience, understanding, and flexibility.
- Fosters a cooperative and respectful partnership with families by maintaining close relationships with parents by communicating on a regular basis and encouraging parent involvement through volunteer opportunities.
- Works as part of a cooperative and diverse team of educators and administrators to carry out the vision and mission of Adelphia Classical Christian Academy.
- Continues intellectual and professional development through welcoming observation and feedback as well as attending workshops or courses relating to professional growth goals.
- Continues spiritual development: 1) is a member in good standing of a local church, 2) pursues understanding of and insight into the Bible and its relevance for all of life, 3) pursues a relationship with Jesus Christ characterized by discipleship, accountability and love.
Qualifications and Skills
Potential teachers should have degree in early childhood education.
Salary depends upon experience, training, and grade level taught.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour