Since 1954, Bethel Bible Village has been providing Christ-centered healing and hope until no child remains in crisis. Bethel operates several residence homes and an accredited Middle and High School on its 64-acre campus in Hixson, TN.
Bethel Christian Academy (BCA) opened in 2007 offering individualized attention and instruction. With an average of 22 – 30 students, BCA provides unique educational opportunities in collaboration with Bethel’s social workers, house parents, counselors, therapists, and community partners. This is your opportunity to make a meaningful impact by helping at risk students earn diplomas and prepare for post-secondary educational opportunities.
Bethel is currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of part-time High School English Teacher for the 2018 school year, beginning in January. This position is for two blocks (3 hours) per day 5 days per week.
- Spiritua l: Be an active participating Christian in a local congregation.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Current English certification required.
- Specific Skills: Special Education experience or experience working with youth who may have academic and behavioral concerns preferred. Excellent classroom management skills required. Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and previous computer experience required.
- License: Current license to teach in TN required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Other Requirements: Applicant must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S., and successfully pass a background check, drug screen, and physical.
Please visit www.bethelbiblevillage.org to learn more about our ministry and careers. If interested in this position, please forward a resume and cover letter to:
Bethel Bible Village, ATTN: Human Resources
3001 Hamill Road, Hixson, TN 37343
Office: 423.842.5757; Fax: 423.842.5785