Concord Church Position Description
Job Title: Facilities Technician
Reports to: Facilities Manager
The Facilities Technician ensures the church’s buildings and grounds are maintained and that events are set-up and torn down.
The Facilities Technician exhibits the seven Core Values of Concord Church:
- Dedication to Personal Growth – Is intentional about personal development as a man/woman, believer, and a staff member. Ephesians 5:15-21
- Dedication to H.I.T. (Honesty, Integrity, and Truthfulness) – Able to confront self and others by being truthful with a spirit of love. Ephesians 4:14-32
- Effective Communication – Communicates using the THINK methodology (is True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, and Kind). Psalm 15
- Servant’s Heart – Will possess compassion for others and a kind spirit. Philippians 2:3-16
- Team Spirit – Supports the team by having a strong work ethic, being responsive to deadlines, exhibiting professionalism at all times, actively works to resolve any conflicts that arise, and is flexible whenever necessary. Galatians 6:1-7
- Loyalty – Committed to God’s will, the Executive Pastor’s vision, the church’s mission and vision, follows leadership and supports the entire team. 1 Peter 2:13-25
- Work hard, Play hard – Carries out job responsibilities with passion and completes the necessary tasks to accomplish the church’s mission and vision. Proverbs 17:22
- Perform minor construction, plumbing, and electrical repairs on the HVAC, irrigation, and other mechanical systems and equipment.
- Paints interior rooms as required.
- Cleans the church entryways so they are free from debris and overgrown foliage.
- Clears storm and wastewater drains of any obstructions.
- Washes vehicles and performs minor maintenance on them. Takes the vehicles for state inspections as required.
- Performs all minor repairs requested by tenants.
- Places seasonal building decorations.
- Moves and assembles furniture and other equipment as required.
- Sets-up and tears down venues for church events. Cleans up event area upon conclusion of events.
- Attends and successfully completes all training required by Concord Church.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Previous HVAC, irrigation system, or other facility repair experience is preferred but not required.
This position primarily works in a typical building maintenance environment, and uses tools to fulfill the position duties. The position is required to walk, hear, speak, and stand to interact with vendors, church staff, members, and volunteers. Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through complex church business situations is required. A flexible schedule is required since this position requires evening and weekend work. This position may be expected to work overtime.
This position is required to procure supplies and equipment away from the primary church location. A valid Texas drivers’ license and acceptable motor vehicle record is required.
Concord Church Membership
This position is not required to be a member of Concord Church. Employees in this position are expected to sincerely hold the same religious beliefs as expressed by Concord Church.