Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university using Peoplesoft as our primary student information system along with a number of other enterprise systems. We have a dynamic team of Systems Analysts that provides application support to functional areas and power users, and manages implementations and configuration of our enterprise software systems. If you enjoy breaking new ground with innovative technologies, overcoming challenges with creative solutions, and delivering results that exceed everyone’s expectations, we would love to talk to you.
The Systems Analyst role at APU is a diverse and challenging opportunity. SAs typically are assigned to a primary customer group, and provide application support for the enterprise systems used by that customer group, as well as project management or enhancements, updates, and new software implementations for that group. The SA for Financial Aid will support the Financial Aid offices at APU.
You will be involved in all areas of financial aid processing and reporting, and will have many opportunities to deliver value to the institution and to our students, including the following areas.
● Ensure that systems are functioning properly to provide for fast, efficient and timely processing and delivery of financial aid data, reports and other information necessary to effectively serve the financial aid needs of our students and their families.
● Supporting the Financial Aid offices by assisting with functional tasks during periods of high volume and increased demand for services.
● Participating in the strategic assessment of functional needs and system capabilities to support decision making around system enhancements, new services, and process improvements.
● Developing strong internal customer relationships in order to truly understand customers’ needs with respect to data, information, decision making, efficiencies, and operations so that they can deliver exceptional service to APU students.
● Gathering, interpreting and assisting with prioritization of internal customers’ needs, and documenting those needs for production support, project management, and decision making.
Our Ideal Candidate
As an evangelical Christian university, APU affirms the supremacy of Christ in all areas of life. Our beliefs and values exist at the core of the university, and all candidates must align with our mission, vision and values. APU takes seriously the challenge and opportunity of advancing the work of God in the world, and all candidates should be ready to engage with that opportunity.
We are looking for candidates with the right combination of professional experience, technical savvy, creative insight, ability to learn and ambitious work ethic. Any given candidate may have more in one area and less in another, and we will not be looking for one isolated litmus test, but for a candidate that brings an impressive mix of skills and character.
● You should have a level of education that provides a solid theoretical and practical foundation for work as a Systems Analyst. This usually means at least a Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical major, and preferably a Master’s degree. We will consider equivalent experience and professional training in this area as well.
● You should have a level of professional experience that provides you with practical and contextual understanding of financial aid in a university setting. We would like to see hands-on experience with financial aid processing, and supporting enterprise systems, and would be pleased to see this foundational experience supplemented by experience with report writing, SQL development, or a similar value-added skillset.
● You should be able to demonstrate an ability to work with internal customers. You will be responsible for activities like leading meetings, facilitating the definition of requirements, translating customers’ needs and desires from plain-English into technical specifications, etc. You will need to write well, speak articulately, and be comfortable leading others.
Official Job Description
You will find the official job description on the APU website at http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. At this site you will also find an online employment application, and What We Believe, APU’s official statements of mission, vision, values and identity.