We are looking for a highly motivated developer who will work on our FileMaker 16 applications. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, is teachable, can learn new tasks quickly, and has a background in relational databases. Although we are a 31-year-old company, we have grown considerably since 2008. We are in need of a capable database developer to help us continue that success.
High Point is an industry leading, ministry-minded travel resource for churches, missions agencies, Christian schools and para-church organizations. Our goal is to help ministries and churches with logistical aspects of trip planning, save them time and money in the process, and allow them to spend more time making Christ famous.
High Point is a growing company with a great family atmosphere. We are looking for someone who will not only fill a functional job description, but also become a key member of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main focus of the Application Developer is to provide assistance regarding all aspects of application development, including user interface design as well as back-end database structure. The Developer works in conjunction with our team to develop our proprietary applications to enable our staff to work more efficiently and to engage with our clients more effectively. Responsibilities may include:
- Working with team members and leadership to pursue development priorities
- Designing, implementing, and testing new and/or improved functionality
- Connecting our applications to external APIs
- Developing Web Direct and/or Custom Web Publishing interfaces for FileMaker
- Developing our client-facing website which interacts with our in-house applications
- Providing input on development planning
- Good organization and time management
- Excellent communication and listening skills
Ability to prioritize tasks well
- Strong work ethic
- A heart to serve others
- Desire to learn and grow with our company
- Ability to work within our team.
- Willingness to take initiative
- Partial health/dental insurance for full-time employees.
- 401K matching program at the end of the first year.
- A company laptop is given to all employees.
- Travel discounts and perks
- Generous time off policy.
- Great working environment.
- Very balanced and family centered office.
**If interested, please send your resume to resumeshighpointgo.com with “Developer” in the subject line.