Awana is a global, nonprofit ministry committed to the belief that the greatest impact for Christ starts with kids who know, love and serve Him. The transformative power of the gospel is shared every week through Awana ministries that reach more than three and a half million kids in more than 115 countries. Providing resources and expertise, Awana empowers more than 45,000 churches and mobilizes more than 450,000 leaders to reach kids through evangelism and long-term discipleship.
OVERALL PURPOSE/FUNCTION: The Digital Engagement Specialist serves Awana through customer engagement using marketing automation, email, CRM, and other digital technologies. This person will help co-lead the effort to create and develop rules and processes for organizing and managing our digital communication with potential and current churches and ministry partners. The ideal candidate has comprehensive and hands-on experience (preferably B2B) with all facets of email marketing and marketing automation platforms, an analytical mindset and a keen interest in understanding the customer journey.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for automated nurture programs designed to increase the quantity of leads from marketing activities, deliver high-quality leads to Sales and help increase conversion throughout the sales funnel, increase engagement for Years One to Three Churches and ministry partners who are utilizing Awana, help the eCommerce team optimize customer buying cycles and work with Curriculum teams for product related communications.
Own the execution of email campaigns, including marketing automation platform management, automated nurturing campaigns, content coordination, testing, deployment, and reporting.
Utilize a combination of demographic information, Pardot and Salesforce technology platforms, analytics tools, marketing campaign results, behavioral data, sales feedback, existing customer data, and/or prospect databases to identify and develop highly targeted audience segments.
Co-create strategies and programs to deliver relevant content and offers to these segments, with the goal of dynamically building profile information over time, delivering qualified leads, increasing engagement and accelerating purchase timeframes.
Has a deep understanding of marketing automation tools and CRM databases and works closely with other members of the sales and marketing teams to insure that there are a sufficient number of contacts in the database to support audience segments and nurture marketing program goals.
Make recommendations on database growth or facilitates contact acquisition as needed.
Work cross-functionally with creative, sales, marketing and product teams to develop and deliver a portfolio of multi-channel, automated nurture marketing programs that could include email, direct mail, and/or telemarketing.
Create and execute testing strategies across all audience segments and optimization of all nurture programs.
Develop and deliver lead scoring models that allow marketing to effectively organize, prioritize and nurture leads before they are passed on to sales, including lead age, demographic data, and engagement level.
Work closely with internal and external sales teams to leverage the marketing automation platform and nurture programs to deliver tools and content to the sales team to facilitate and accelerate lead conversion.
Set goals for nurture programs, modeling the lead funnel, and evaluating the pipeline in order to improve results over time.
Develop and disseminate campaign dashboards to highlight ROI, enabling further investment in winning campaigns and refinement of less optimal campaigns.
Performs other related duties as may be required or assigned from time to time.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree required preferably in Marketing or Business; minimum of 3 years related work experience in email marketing / campaign management with enterprise level MAP’s (HubSpot, Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot). Pardot preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- A successful track record of creating and implementing email campaigns that deliver measurable results.
- Knowledge of key email fundamentals, including compliance, deliverability, complaint rates, etc.
- Expert level knowledge of marketing automation tools such as HubSpot, Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot (preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com.
- Understanding of A/B Testing, Cohort Analysis, Funnel Analysis, Segmentation Analysis.
- Understanding of Lifecycle stage lead disposition definitions.
- Understanding of Persona Based Marketing concepts.
- Strong project management skills including conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources and managing deadlines.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset who wants to keep finding ways to make things better and better.
- Experience analyzing campaign results and in making hypothesis driven performance recommendations.
- Current and working knowledge of HTML/CSS and email best practices. This role is hands on.
- Experience performing email QA testing to validate functionality and appearance across browsers.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Extremely organized and highly motivated.
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to type, write, or handle; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Will need to travel domestically and possibly internationally and function in a cross-cultural environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time, and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability, or for other reasons.