Are you a “people person” – one who enjoys talking with people and hearing their stories? Are you resourceful in finding happenings and then sharing them with others? Consider joining the Church and Community Relations team where your voice will communicate stories heard by thousands each week.
JAARS needs someone who can organize these stories in script form, help coordinate and/or do the recording, and distribute these to radio stations. We need to convey how JAARS makes Bible translation possible through transportation, technology, training, and media.
If you’re interested in helping inspire people to get involved with JAARS, we’d love to talk with you.
We are looking for a producer who will cover researching, writing, scripting, and coordinating radio content for the daily Speeding the Word radio program, as well as occasional audio Public Service Announcements (PSAs) for JAARS events.
- For part-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Research stories of spiritual and practical impact regarding efforts of JAARS and Bible translation and promote JAARS events including JAARS Days, Check-IT-Out, and Total‑It‑Up.
- Write scripts for each radio program and submit for approval.
- Verify with source of story to assure accuracy.
- Coordinate with Creative Services for recording audio work, music, timing, and scripts.
- May or may not require doing actual interviewing/recording of programs.
- Coordinate with radio stations to assure delivery of programs and PSAs, as needed.
- Prepare budget and review expenditures.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Experience in radio programming desired but not required.
- Ability to gather information, and write about it.
- Good people skills.
- A pleasant radio voice.
- Ability or willingness to learn Audacity or Audition software is a plus.
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation