Digital & Social Media Manager
Are you inspired by the idea of getting God’s word to the 800 million people who still have little or none of it in their mother tongue (or heart language)? Does the idea of getting up in the morning and using your creative and technical skills to support such a task put a smile on your face?
If so, we’d like to talk.
JAARS is a 65+ year old mission support organization that exists to make Bible translation possible—especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by providing on-the-ground partners around the world with transportation, technology, media and training so they can focus on translation, language development, and life transformation.
You? You’re that rare person with a passion for God’s mission here on earth, a well-developed but always-learning engagement with digital communications (i.e. you get websites, social media, digital publishing, responsive design…), excellent writing skills, collaboration instincts, and a self-starter/hands-on mentality.
If that IS you, take a look at the job below … and let us know if you’d like to explore the opportunity to do what you love, and what God has gifted you to do, here with JAARS.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
We are looking for someone with excellent skills in using various digital and social media platforms effectively.
- Plan, manage, and/or coordinate the design, functionality, community-building, and interactive elements of digital and social media for JAARS, including JAARS.org, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, text- and app-based tools, e-Newsletters, and more.
- Ensure positive UX (user experience) and seamless integration of content and user profiles across digital/social channels.
- Confer with design, editorial, and fundraising staff to specify and implement functional and interactive components necessary for building online and mobile awareness, traffic, and engagement.
- Create and implement collaborative strategies for supporting the community relations, donor development/relations, and other strategic initiatives at JAARS.
- Keep up to date on the latest digital and social media strategies, platforms, and trends.
- Demonstrated professional and/or personal experience of three or more years
- Demonstrable aptitude and engagement with a range of social and digital media platforms
- Creative writing and design experience
- Balanced approach to independent work and a self-starting/self-directed expertise with an easy collaboration across various internal stakeholder groups
- Minimum experience criteria may be waived based on personal experience
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation