Do you enjoy writing? Are you passionate about God’s Word and/or Bible translation? Use your writing skills to write original prose for various JAARS publications. You may be given specific assignments or be involved in the selection of the subject matter.
Help tell the exciting and varied story of how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Your work schedule may be flexible, depending on workflow and turnaround time. Make an impact in people’s lives as you communicate the life changing work of giving people God’s Word.
Write and edit original prose for various JAARS publications.
- For part- or full-time volunteer or staff who raise their support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Select subject matter based on personal interest or receive specific assignment from editor
- Conduct research and make notes to retain ideas, develop accurate content, and obtain authentic detail
- Organize material and plan arrangement or outline
- Develop factors such as theme, plot, order, characterization, and story line
- Be responsible to get feedback and approval for content from supervisors and any persons or partners involved in the content
- Assist other writers by editing and sharing ideas on drafts and projects
- Accept feedback from other writers for the purpose of improving writing quality
Education and Experience Desired
- Excellent creative writing talent and editing skills
- College degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Writer/editor with at least one year of work experience
- Must provide three samples of personal writing skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word including Review features
- Familiar with Chicago Manual of Style
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation