Do you have solid and broad communication skills across print, digital, audio, and video including the use of graphic design tools? Do you enjoy leading a team to produce interesting and compelling branded publications that communicate a message that inspires involvement?
Consider becoming a part of making Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. Use your communication and design skills God gave you, to make an eternal impact.
Lead and have hands-on responsibility for the communications department at JAARS.
- Discern, recommend, implement, and manage a compelling and consistent messaging strategy for JAARS—including both “voice” and “face” of our brand—across all print, digital, audio, video, and environmental platforms
- Encourage, inspire, and develop the multifaceted in-house communications team
- Balance leadership with hands-on responsibility for graphic design and parallel oversight of copy/story/message strategy and development
- Primary efforts are external initiatives related to fund development, public relations, outreach programs, and events
- Report directly to the vice president of engagement and engage in annual planning and ongoing ad hoc discussions re: communication strategies, priorities, and outcomes
- Routinely interface with departmental leaders to ensure accurate, timely, and on-strategy communications
- Confident familiarity with website and major social media messaging strategies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise and relevant leadership experience as a creative director, communications director, or similar role—particularly (“face of the brand”) and copy (“voice of the brand”)—across print, digital, audio, video, and environmental platforms
- Experience and understanding of core mission-driven audiences – Christian individuals and organizations seeking to live out obedience to Christ’s work and calling on earth
- Hands-on experience and demonstrable talent in graphic design – plus expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Strong speaking, writing, and presentation skills
- +/- 7 years in a communications/design role
- +/- 5 years in a leadership role
- Communications, design, advertising, or a relevant college degree
- Nonprofit organization work experience
- Church- and/or faith-based communication assignments
- Cross-cultural experience
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation