Posted by: ISAIAH 61 Project, Inc
Posted date: 2018-May-14
Location: Niagara Falls
General Job Overview:
- Reporting to the Board of Directors in order to fulfill the organization’s mission, the Executive Director provides direction and leadership for the organization’s mission and vision, he or she represents and speaks for the organization and its work, and works with the leadership team to manage the organization’s operations and advance the Isaiah 61 annual and strategic plans. The Executive Director is responsible for all community and governmental programs, personnel, funding, fiscal management and agency strategic and development planning under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- The Executive Director is responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions. This individual must have strong communication skills, team building, and excellent managerial skills to oversee the day to day operations of the organization, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of working with contractors on house rehabilitation projects in a supervisory capacity.
- This individual is the face of the organization in the community, and must possess public relations skills in an effort to work with funding agencies, regulatory and housing agencies, representatives of the religious community as well as the not-for-profit sector to promote legislative and regulatory policies that encourage a healthy community and addresses the issues and concerns of the Niagara community.
- We are looking for a leader who is a people-oriented person with the qualities of integrity, sensitivity and commitment to our vision and mission. This individual should also possess skills to manage the organization’s programmatic, financial, and operational responsibilities. He or she must have proven leadership of non-profit organization(s), understand the housing situation in the urban context in Niagara Falls, secure and manage funding streams including grants, individual contributions and organizational donations
Isaiah 61 Project requires the following qualifications for this position:
- A visionary person with the freedom to explore the most effective means by which the Isaiah 61 Project’s mission can be fulfilled and expanded.
- A faith-filled, upbeat perspective on life; an enthusiastic, industrious attitude toward work; flexibility, resourcefulness, creativity and energy to respond positively to a changing and growing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple facets of the organization including instruction, construction, and administrative duties.
- Interpersonal skills that reflect a proven ability to effectively interact with a diverse population (The Isaiah 61 Project Board & staff, clientele, community, donors - individual & organizations, volunteers) and build bridges with other organizations serving in Western New York.
- Preferably Certified to instruct under the National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER) apprenticeship training program and familiar with Core Curriculum and Carpentry Level One
- Experience and skill in leading people: recruiting, hiring, training, organizing and overseeing the work of paid staff and volunteers in a manner that motivates and encourages performance.
- Strong leadership skills, personal discipline, and organizational skills
- Experience in financial planning, and management including ability to prepare budgets, financial documents, and
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to articulate the mission to various audiences.
- Experience managing work crews, projects, and services.
- Experience working with all elements of housing construction
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Quickbooks, and Internet Savy)
- Continue to develop skills through trainings and professional development offered outside of Isaiah 61.
- Attend retreats, workshops, meetings and conferences, as required by the Board.
- All Other duties as assigned by the Board.
- QuickBook s/Teaching experience
- NCCER Certification / College degree, preferably in a related field