Are you a computer-savvy, detail-oriented person who can accurately monitor parts inventory? Do you have a love for and a background in aviation? Are you good at organizing?
JAARS Aviation needs you to manage our parts inventory supporting missionary aviation worldwide. Our biggest inventory is right here in Waxhaw, North Carolina. Help make Bible translation possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
- For volunteers or staff who raise their support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Management of an aviation parts inventory, processing financial transactions and billing, and supervising staff.
- Establish and maintain a quality inventory system that is cost-effective, timely, and provides adequate supplies
- Ensure that all stock items are identified, controlled, segregated, preserved, and stored in accordance with accepted aviation standards
- Supervise staff, ensuring proper policies and procedures are followed
- Complete appropriate financial and accounting processes related to the purchasing and selling of parts
- Process repair station maintenance work orders
- Reduce the quantity of unused or obsolete inventory through appropriate resale methods
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Accur acy and attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and scrutinize
- Ability to supervise others
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Management of inventory, purchasing, and selling preferred
- Knowledge of financial practices or experience with financial software
- Good computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of aviation preferred
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation